Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga currently has a few Mayday Card Sleeves available for $.99 each, plus $4.99 shipping on up to 20:

SOLD OUT: Mini Euro sleeves (pack of 100): https://www.tanga.com/deals/e65a942847/mini-euro-card-sleeve...

SOLD OUT: Card Game sleeves (pack of either 50 or 100?): https://www.tanga.com/deals/46acc7d462/card-game-size-sleeve...

Note, with the Card Game sleeves, the title and image indicate they're the Premium sleeves (50 per pack), but the description says Standard at 100 per pack. Not sure which they'll end up being. I went ahead and ordered some Card Game sleeves since they've been OOS everywhere lately -- I'm fine with either kind and ordered extra just to be safe.

The minis are a decent deal if you buy quite a few -- I think they're normally only $1.50 per pack at online retailers like CSI. The Card Game sleeves are a potentially better deal since they're usually $2 or more per pack ($3 for Premium, I believe).

And No, these CANNOT be mixed for the shipping, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayday Crad Sleeves on Tanga (Mini Euro and Card Game)
The standards sleeves are sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If anyone is interested I'm offering Mayday games Euro Sleeves. Check my profile.

Regards,
Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
The standards sleeves are sold out.

Wow, glad I ordered a few. I didn't think they would last too long, but that was quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Must resist... unnecessarily snarky... response... gggaarrgghh -- temptation... too great!

Hey, looks like you have a little typo in your thread title...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mb
I actually like Mayday sleeves, and I've sleeved over 2000 cards with only a couple of bad sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Must resist... unnecessarily snarky... response... gggaarrgghh -- temptation... too great!

Haha - we think alike. Came here to say that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayday Card Sleeves on Tanga (Mini Euro and Card Game)
GibbRS wrote:
I actually like Mayday sleeves, and I've sleeved over 2000 cards with only a couple of bad sleeves.

Holy crap, you fit over 2000 cards in only a couple of sleeves??? Badly sized ones at that???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

So, I don't typically sleeve cards so I'm fairly new to this aspect of gaming -- what sleeves do you recommend? Mayday standard seems to be the cheapest option, followed by Mayday Premium, Fantasy Flight, and Swan Panasia, all of which are about twice as much. I would assume the more expensive sleeves are better, but is there a better option for about the same price ($2 for 100 sleeves)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
tumorous wrote:

So, I don't typically sleeve cards so I'm fairly new to this aspect of gaming -- what sleeves do you recommend? Mayday standard seems to be the cheapest option, followed by Mayday Premium, Fantasy Flight, and Swan Panasia, all of which are about twice as much. I would assume the more expensive sleeves are better, but is there a better option for about the same price ($2 for 100 sleeves)?

Mayday sleeves get the job done for me, but there are definitely sleeves with better quality out there. If you want Swan Panasia sleeves Mayday is currently running a Kickstarter where you can get some decent deals: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/50-types-siz...

I'm hesitant to back it because past experience tells me Mayday will completely screw it up, and whatever sleeves I do end up getting will be shipped in tissue paper and have razors and dirt for packing material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:

Best bet is to search around other BGG forums for opinions. We're talking about standard 2.5x3.5" cards, so there have been a lot of people weighing in over the months and years. Here's a thread from the summer with several options and opinions: Sleeves for Mage Knight cards

But if you're buying on cost, then yes: the Mayday standards might indeed be your cheapest option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:

Best bet is to search around other BGG forums for opinions. We're talking about standard 2.5x3.5" cards, so there have been a lot of people weighing in over the months and years. Here's a thread from the summer with several options and opinions: Sleeves for Mage Knight cards

But if you're buying on cost, then yes: the Mayday standards might indeed be your cheapest option.

For standard-sized sleeves (2.5 x 3.5) of excellent quality and the lowest price, I highly recommend Ultro Pro model 81126 sleeves (100 per pack). They are thin and durable (just waiting for the condom jokes...) and have excellent uniformity. The reclosable zipper bag they come in is a nice touch. To get free shipping and arrive at the best price I have found (shipped) you have to buy 2 cases of 100 packs each (that's 20,000 sleeves total - a friend and I each took 1 case). Came to $0.40 per 100 pack, cheap enough to sleeve all your games!

Also, don't forget that you can buy an "impulse sealer" on ebay to resize or seal the sleeves (along with a paper cutter - Harbor Freight Tools has an inexpensive one with metal base - two sizes available).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
blindsorrow wrote:
For standard-sized sleeves (2.5 x 3.5) of excellent quality and the lowest price, I highly recommend Ultro Pro model 81126 sleeves (100 per pack). They are thin and durable (just waiting for the condom jokes...) and have excellent uniformity. The reclosable zipper bag they come in is a nice touch. To get free shipping and arrive at the best price I have found (shipped) you have to buy 2 cases of 100 packs each (that's 20,000 sleeves total - a friend and I each took 1 case). Came to $0.40 per 100 pack, cheap enough to sleeve all your games!

Also, don't forget that you can buy an "impulse sealer" on ebay to resize or seal the sleeves (along with a paper cutter - Harbor Freight Tools has an inexpensive one with metal base - two sizes available).

Yeah... I wasn't including penny sleeves. These have enough spare room to house a meeple or two along with the card. The floppy corners/sides thing drives me nuts... I like a good, tight fit without all that wiggle room. [Insert more condom jokes.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
blindsorrow wrote:

Yeah... I wasn't including penny sleeves. These have enough spare room to house a meeple or two along with the card. The floppy corners/sides thing drives me nuts... I like a good, tight fit without all that wiggle room. [Insert more condom jokes.]

I use them as-is for Dominion, for example, with absolutely no problems (except you can't use the included insert tray organizer due to the increased size [post-condom joke] but the extra thickness [I'm not even trying here, folks] would prevent that anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.