Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Rating: 8
I really enjoyed this game of placement. It is played in 2 rounds, with 2 different ways of scoring in each round. On your turn, you play cards to place one or two pawns in the same country. You can place either churches on specific locations on the board (they are connected, forming a sort of web) or counsellors. At the end of the first round, majority in churches are counted in each country. At the end of the second round, you further consider chains of churches and alliances between countries (you need to have a majority of counsellors in the 2 countries to score those points). The game is really quick (should be about 30-45' for non novice players) and involves interesting decisions. I played this one twice. In the first game, we had a rule wrong and played that the maximum number of counsellors you can place in a country must be less than the *total* number of churches in this country, and not less than the number of churches in the *majority* in this country. This of course gave undue importance to counsellors (I went for this option and would have scored so many points that we had to find an ad hoc rule to downweight that). After this game, I thought counsellors were really mportant to score points so I again went for this option in the second game, but I was surprised to see that with he correct rules, you don't score that much with counsellors (the points you gain are mainly yours and you can't really benefit from others, which is not the case with churches where you can score substantially with minimal involvement in a country). Also, we found that the game was locked rather quickly in the second round, with really less and less options left to the players! A bit disappointing if this turns out to be true (and I can't see why it wouldn't happen with experienced players after all!) LAst minute thought: for those of you who already played the game, do you think it is interesting to place counsellors during the first round ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.