GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,612 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Asgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seals, ties and Thor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rulebook I have a few questions on points that are not clear in it.

1. At the beginning of the round 1 seal is placed on each god. Does that mean that a god can accumulate seals or if there is already a seal there you don't place another one at the beggining of the round?

2.Let's say that players A, B and C have 2, 2 and 1 yellow enchanted stones respectively. Player A gains 1 yellow enchanted stone but there are not any left. Can he take the stone from player B that ties with him for the most?

3. After battles, if two players are tied in the victory track, who gains point tiles first?

4.How does Thor's skill work? After taking an action you discard it to take another one in a row or you discard it at any time (even out of turn)to immediately take 2 actions?

Also regarding the Asgard action, you mention steps a,b,c,d and e where in fact are only four steps. Steps c and d is the same step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

first of all thanks for the interest in our game

As per your questions:

1. If there is already a seal you don't place another. There must be always only 1 Seal beside each god.

2. yes.

3. The player with the lowest player order tile.

4. You can use it during your turn.

5. You are right, it is a misprint!

I really would like to thank you, as we are still in time to add an additional sheet in the box with those clarifications!

By the way, if anybody find some other not clear rule, please geekmail me!

Best
Mariano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules at least half a dozen times already. I WANT THIS!

I also wondered about the seals and the lack of a step D. I also had two more things to throw out there.

1) If I use an exchange tile from the Asgard tiles, can I exchange for a stone that I see is not in the common supply so as to force the player holding the most of them to give me one? And would I exchange with them or would I put my stone in the common supply and then just take their stone?

2) I just want to make sure I have the battles for the nine worlds pictured correctly. Those seven battles are just perpetual and nobody actually ever dies, right? So I could get a high value Thor tile over there and keep sending an influence disk and he just keeps beating up the same population tile over and over again? Let's use the example of World 5. If a light god goes over there, a player might hope to gain victories with influence disks there every turn, but a dark god will never score any points except at Ragnarok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thanks!!

As per your questions:

1) yes, you definitely can do it. Your stone then goes to the common supply as usual.

One of the main points is that this is not a game where you keep accumulating stuff and then use them all with one “big” action. You need to carefully plan how to use them at the right time before some one else will take them.

2) Yes, God and Population never die, but strength ratio could change because Population Tiles could be replaced and because of the Ancient Weapons.

Example: World 5, beginning of 3rd round. There are 2 Population Tiles. Light value is 6, Darkness value is 4.

Blue and Yellow have already a disc in the Victory Area (placed in 1st or 2nd round).

Red performs the Asgard action and places a disc in the Battle Slot of world 5.
At the moment light side is winning, so he has good chances to move his disc in the Victory Area even without using any recruits.

Anyway, placing a disc in a world with only Population Tiles could be pretty risky because one of the other players could change the strength ratio placing a God Tile there .

For example: Yellow and Blue cannot place a disc in the Battle Slot of world 5 as they already have one in the Victory Area.

Also, they will take a Battle Tile (provided there are enough), no matter which side win in that world.

They have therefore all the reasons to make that battle more difficult to win.

Yellow or Blue could then perform a Temple Action with a Darkness God and place, say, a Surtr Tile in world 5.

Red chances to win are now much more lower!

As you said, in World 5 players cannot side with Darkness for the battles, so Surtr Tile could only “contrast” the Light side for the battles and score points at Ragnarok (if he will win the final battle), but you have to consider that World 5 is a very good world for the Ragnarok because has pretty high VPs (so another good reason for Yellow or Blue to place a Dark God there)

Obviously Red could somehow “protect” his disc performing a Temple Action with a Light God and place, say, a Thor Tile valued 4 and saving enough recruits to be used whichever Ancient Weapon will be revealed.
Now his chances are good again!

As per the Ancient Weapons: they are from 0 to 4, and one tile is revealed each round, so you can make a good enough prevision about the actual outcome.

Also, as you can use the recruits, you can always be prepared to face even the worst case scenario.

Hope this is clear, sorry for the bad English

Mariano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Let's use the example of World 5. If a light god goes over there, a player might hope to gain victories with influence disks there every turn, but a dark god will never score any points except at Ragnarok?

You can't score victories every turn, because if you have a disc in the victory area, you can't send a disc in the battle area.
So, you can win once, but then the seat is open to your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Do Fenris and Mimir give you a chance to get two seals in the same turn with one influence disc?

2) Do the warriors you get from Freyja have to match (so can you take one white and one orange)?

3) How does Thor's power work (I don't think you answered the first person)? It looks to me that you can suddenly place two influence discs (assuming you have some sitting around) or you can execute two of your actions where you have disks already but you can't do one of each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1) exactly.

2) you can take 2 warriors of your choice (so, 2 orange or 2 white or 1 white and 1 orange)

3) I'll make 2 examples.

a) Select Actions phase: you play 1 card and place 1 disc. Using the Thor power allow you to immediately play another card and place another disc (you need to still have cards to play in your hands).

b) Perform Actions phase: you select 1 disc and perform the action. Using the Thor power allow you to immediately select another disc and perform another action (you need to have a disc still on the board).

Hope this is clear
Mariano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I think you really need to consider rewording Thor's power. Now that I understand, I can see what you're getting at with the rulebook, but that's really not the impression I get from reading the rules alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
As a tester I can just say that the Thor thing will probably be very clear when you actually play the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avaru wrote:
As a tester I can just say that the Thor thing will probably be very clear when you actually play the first time.

I think his power IS very clear... when EXPLAINED. As written in the rules though, I don't think it's at all clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone is still reading this forum, and maybe my question will answer itself once I've actually played the game, but after reading the rules and this thread, I still don't understand what the use of Thor's skill is when used in the Peform Actions phase. The discs already have to be on the board, so you don't get an extra action, you just get to perform one action slightly out of turn order - does that really have any impact?

One other question about seals - if the top Request slot of Fenrir is already taken, how could it be possible for there to still be a Seal next to Fenrir for a player to claim using the bottom slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean H
United States
Jeffersonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grendelsbayne wrote:
you don't get an extra action, you just get to perform one action slightly out of turn order - does that really have any impact?

One other question about seals - if the top Request slot of Fenrir is already taken, how could it be possible for there to still be a Seal next to Fenrir for a player to claim using the bottom slot?

You get to reserve two spots or take two actions before the other players can respond. This can be a huge deal depending on the game state.

If the top slot for Fenrir is taken, you can use the second to claim the seal as long as you do so before the player in the first slot uses that disc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.