5 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Falcon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
total damnation
msg tools
Hi!
last time we played we didnt know if we could use the falcon to change some belongings from two players or to send items only from one to another player.

(be prepared for some bad english)

1. the player with the falcon use it to send some gold to another hero. but he cannot get any items from the hero he send his gold to.

2. the player with the faclon is able to change some items with an other player. the dwarf uses the falcon to give the wizard a potion. then the wizard gives the dwarf 2 gold.

3. the dwarf uses the falcon to send 2 gold to the archer. the archer(standing on a merchant-space) uses the 2 gold from the dwarf to buy a helmet and then send the helmet back with the dwarfs falcon to the dwarf.

regardless of the falcon-problem we were finally able to win legend 2. can´t wait for the third to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the exact same issue last time we played. The rules state that "two players may exchange items" so we played it exactly that way. The Warrior who had the falcon picked up the herbs and sent them to the Archer who was already waiting in the castle to heal King Baldur and in the same move the Archer sent a water tube to the Warrior so that he could move faster.

In the aftermath, if we hadn't played it that way (and after some discussion we came to the conclusion that we played the rule right, which may not be the case) we would have failed Legend 2.

Concerning your three examples i would say that number 2. is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
M. Menzel answered that 2 was right, one of the 2 players must be the falcon's owner, see there (bottom). The falcon merely gets rid of the constraint of being in the same space, so it is possible to really exchange objects.

3 is an interesting case... On one hand I'm inclined to say no, because exchanging objects is one action and there are no other instance in the game, to my knowledge, of interrupted or nested actions. On the other hand, it just feels right and clever!

I think we'll have to wait for Michael to chime in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Hello

The falcon is very easy to explain:

To use an item, in this case the falcon, it's one of those free actions, wihch are explained at the beginnig of legend 2 or the beginning of the booklet. They can be done anytime you like, allthough it's not your turn.
If one hero uses the falcon it's, just like he stands in the same field with another hero. So they can exchange as much items or gold as they want.

But I'm sorry, the third example doesn't work. It's because you use falcon "1 time in a day". So the dwarf uses the falcon to send the gold. Items that the other hero already has, could be send back. But after the second hero starts to buy things, the exchanging of the falcon has ended.

To be honest, I didn't think about this possibilty and it took me a moment to think about and find the right answer. But I read the function of the falcon again, it says "one time a day".

kind regards
Micha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Baronio
Switzerland
Sorengo
Ticino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

i can use the falcon during one combat (in the middle of two turns of combat)to send for example the potion for helping a hero in combat?

Thank's

Ciau

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.