Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Risto R
Finland
Hämeenlinna
Häme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Master Merriod rolls 1 surge while flailing 2 targets on one attack roll. After defences rolled he manages to deal atleast 1 damage to both targets, does he get to use that 1 surge to both attacks, effectively immobilizing both targets, or are surges spent per target and poor Merriod can only immobilize one target?

And while writing this I realize I have prolly assumed too much and read too little and flailing monster should actually roll twice for both attacks? Can't check to make sure while at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
likelyrooster wrote:
Master Merriod rolls 1 surge while flailing 2 targets on one attack roll. After defences rolled he manages to deal atleast 1 damage to both targets, does he get to use that 1 surge to both attacks, effectively immobilizing both targets, or are surges spent per target and poor Merriod can only immobilize one target?

Surge abilities apply to the entire attack; either the attack has Immobilize or it doesn't.

Whether it takes effect for each target depends on whether that specific target took damage or not, so it's possible that only one will get immobilized if the other one blocks all the damage.

Quote:
And while writing this I realize I have prolly assumed too much and read too little and flailing monster should actually roll twice for both attacks? Can't check to make sure while at work.

No, just one attack roll is made, but each defender rolls defense separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Risto R
Finland
Hämeenlinna
Häme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the reply! So it turns out there was atleast one rule in last nights session I actually managed to get correct! devil

..let's just say I read too little and assumed too much on quite a few too many occasions including reinforcments coming at end of OL turn instead of at start of it, which then resulted in a desperately long game when Heroes should have won it easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.