Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy a few days ago and was setting up starting spellbooks last night. And one thing I noticed is that both spellbooks have bubbles in the clear plastic that covers the books. It doesn't look like the covers come off to easily remove the bubbles. Anyone else's like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are on mine as well - I'm hoping that it'll fix over time.

Or something.

I'm not too upset about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my binders is bubbly and the other isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Both mine are bubbly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Seymour
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of mine are somewhat bubbly, though they looked more so before I unbagged them.

While we are discussing components, my copy came with two red cubes and six black cubes. The picture on pages four and five of the rulebook has three red, three blue, and two black. As I understand their function, this isn't a game-breaker, probably just a last minute design change. Furthermore, I certainly have suitable gaming stones, if "needed". I was just wondering if everyone else's copy of the game has the two and six as opposed to three, three, and two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
msg tools
Every copy has 6 black and 2 red, don't worry

Bubbly tomes are awesome! Look more Book-like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tiduz 99
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got two copies of the core set.

One core set has no bubbles and the other does. Also one book is a little wonky but its not too bad.

I can live with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theswampking wrote:

While we are discussing components, my copy came with two red cubes and six black cubes.

Aaron, here is the official word on the cubes. It was a misprint.

http://www.magewars.com/jsite/detailed-overview/notes-and-cl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Seymour
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, though I feel like a bit of a doofus for not having thought to look at the game's website initially... but it was late and I was tired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hunt
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of my tomes were bubbly. My friend's were as well. I can live with it. After all, if I really get bugged by it, I could always make my own book with inserts and a three ring binder. It's enough for me that the game is a blast to play and all of the other components were well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian D
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Both of mine were bubbly as well, but not a big deal. The thing that does annoy me is that the first half of the book, you insert cards from the front, and the second half you insert from the back. Were all books made this way or were my books assembled wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian D
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick response Bryan...it appears that a little air and/or weight on the books has gotten rid of all the bubbles on one of my books and most of the bubbles on the other, so no need to send back my books....hopefully everyone else will have similar results because both books had a lot of bubbles when I first opened the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
esin .
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Mine Are bubbly. Not a big deal. In the and I appreciate sturdy materials than pretty ones. Glad I don't need to worry about getting the cover wet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.