Popular Tags: [View All]
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They do tend to group the first sets of boosters by race. In the Main Game Description Wiki, and in the versions, it says what's in each. Is there a particular race you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Kziniti, Federation, and Klingon were in Klingon Border (Orion Pirates and Tholian too). You can buy just the SSD's as spare parts from ADB: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Scree...

Booster 3 has more Kzinti ships.

Federation Commander: Klingon Attack had more Kzinti ships (SSD's available as spare parts as well).

Boosters 4-6 expand the ships in Federation Commander: Klingon Attack.

Federation Commander: Battleships Attack has ships from all races, including Kzinti, and Booster 16-18 that support it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tisdel
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The Man with the Pointy Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the Federation Commander game and supplements are packaged, the ships of the empires are distributed across multiple supplements. For example, you can't get the complete OB of the Tholians in "Tholian Attack", as there are ships in Klingon Border, Romulan Border, Klingon Attack, Romulan Attack, Battleships Attack, Transports Attack, as well as various Captain's Logs and Communiques.

The packaging is not like miniature games, where all the forces for a give side are sold together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Gstealer wrote:
Yeah that's what I thought. I was hoping there was a way to get race specific ships, but didn't think there was.

If I only by boosters do they have the all the ships from borders/attack or will I have to do as Dan suggests and get the cards from the spare parts page of the product page?
Look around at that spare parts page. They sell just the cards from Klingon Border that are not in the booster too. I like all of the cards personally, but that is

A) Because I like the cards if I am doing a larger battle
B) I have the same amount of cards as I do counters for the main ships
C) The miniature boxes correspond to the same numbers

But they have a lot of options (such as getting just the rulebook like you did) to get what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shanton
United States
allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boosters by race are over at E23:

http://e23.sjgames.com/search.html?cache=58deffead35e874a283...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtisdel wrote:
The way the Federation Commander game and supplements are packaged, the ships of the empires are distributed across multiple supplements.

What i find annoying is that some counters are in one package and the corresponding SSDs in another...

This is the usual marketing trick to force you to buy different expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tisdel
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The Man with the Pointy Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an artifact of production costs and such.

It costs a set amount of $$$$ to produce a sheet of counters. This sheet has a number of "spots" for counters and you want to fill all the available spots to get the most for your $$$.

When ordering these counters, the price point is such that you have to order a certain number to make the price break work in your favor. That means you are ordering a *lot* of a given counter sheet. As such, you will have them for a long time. And given the volume of counter sheets ordered to the volume of products sold, these counter sheets will be around for a very long time. Once you get your counters set up you can align the other stuff - especially the parts that can be produced in house or nearly in house.

Okay, so what does that mean in this case? Well, two things:

(1) Given the long term investment for counters, they have a major influence on when something gets put into production. For example, one of the drivers for a new version of Federation and Empire was the fact that the old counter sheets were running out. Since new ones needed to be ordered and they were able to get a higher density sheet (i.e. more counters), ADB took the opportunity to see about revamping the game.

(2) Since Federation and Empire uses a lot more counters per product than Federation Commander, the counter calculation becomes more involved for FC. The number of counters means that they get more counters per sheet than there are ships types in the "attack" product. And rather than having extra unneeded copies of a ship, they get counters for other products they know are in the pipe.

So, yes, you wind up "buying" counters in one package for ssd's in another, but in the long run its cheaper that having to create more counter sheets just to align them with the products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.