Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: my play surface rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David vD
msg tools
Went down to the local spotlight (a fabric store chain in Australia)and bought a square metre of this for $15.
The only problem is that 2 of my expansion packs have arrived. But am still yet to receive my core set. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool - and inexpensive - solution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar fabric that I bought during the days of WoTC SW-SSB, similar cost though, though the finish is less bright, more a subtle diluted feel.
I'll post a pic shortly.
- Still waiting on my ships and expansions to arrive though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you washed that with 'too little' black clothes dye would it tone it down do you think?

Nice solution though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine. I originally just had a 6x4 black felt cloth and decided to ping some chalk lines to make the 3x3 area. Then as the dust settled thought I could get some coloured chalk and sandpaper and make chalk dust to 'paint' a background. I also aded a dash of glitter and sealed with hair laque
r.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job Major. I like the simpler backgrounds. Too many of the mats I have seen are too dense or busy with stars and nebula clouds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice playmats. If it is regular fabric instead of felt, do you have any problems with it moving or bunching up because it is so light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David vD
msg tools
El_Tonio wrote:
Nice playmats. If it is regular fabric instead of felt, do you have any problems with it moving or bunching up because it is so light?

I haven't been able to play on it yet. But I think it might be a problem. I was thinking of buying some washers and getting my girlfriend to sew them in the corners and on the sides to weigh it down a bit. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is enough overhang of the table, sew the washers into the corners and then link them with twine or something under the table to keep the cloth from being able to shift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use clothes pegs to keep my fabric tight to the table. Just clip them to table and you are good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.