Rolf Van Ishem
United States
Queen Creek
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know if I am the only one who had this experience, but I ordered a game from Battles Magazine which is located in France, I was still waiting for the game 30 days later. I then tried to email them for a reason why it was taking so long and got no answer. I then put in a dispute with Pay Pal and then had to wait TWO MORE WEEKS for BM to respond, which they did not. So I got a full refund from Pay Pal which I have to say did a great job on helping me with this issue. After this I will NOT ever deal or buy a game from BM again. Lesson learned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
You've already posted this in Discussing Retailers AND in the Wargames Subgroup forums.

Please stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's just trying to give everyone a heads up. It's important that companies that do these kinds of things deal with the consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My personal experience is that customer support can work two ways with Battles Magazine. They can be hard to get ahold of. However, once you do get Olivier's attention the customer service is top notch. Did you try contacting him through the CSW forums? Do you even know if the product was sent, because international shipping can sometimes take quite a bit of time?

Also, posting and discussing a bad customer experience is fine. Posting it three times is excessive - especially when you did relatively little to resolve the issue yourself and got fully refunded. Had you posted here before asking for opinions or assistance, things almost certainly would've ended up differently.

(This is NOT an excuse for the lack of service or communication you experienced. Again, voicing a complaint is perfectly reasonable. I just question voicing it quite so many times without giving time or space for a response.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experience with Battles Magazine's customer service, they were quick to respond to some problems I was having. Just be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
newuser wrote:
My personal experience is that customer support can work two ways with Battles Magazine. They can be hard to get ahold of. However, once you do get Olivier's attention the customer service is top notch. Did you try contacting him through the CSW forums? Do you even know if the product was sent, because international shipping can sometimes take quite a bit of time?

Also, posting and discussing a bad customer experience is fine. Posting it three times is excessive - especially when you did relatively little to resolve the issue yourself and got fully refunded. Had you posted here before asking for opinions or assistance, things almost certainly would've ended up differently.

(This is NOT an excuse for the lack of service or communication you experienced. Again, voicing a complaint is perfectly reasonable. I just question voicing it quite so many times without giving time or space for a response.)

I think the fellow took reasonable actions. (Knowing Olivier ought not be a prerequisite, I would hope.) I would be upset, too. AND I would want others to be cautious with the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
He's just trying to give everyone a heads up. It's important that companies that do these kinds of things deal with the consequences.

There's an established BGG policy on posting repetitive threads in multiple forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
Garfink wrote:
I've had good experience with Battles Magazine's customer service, they were quick to respond to some problems I was having. Just be patient.
Patient? 14-plus days seems to be ample time for some word from the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reddish22 wrote:

Is Battles actually a "company"? I suspect you are overestimating the size of this operation.

Kluvon wrote:
I think the fellow took reasonable actions. (Knowing Olivier ought not be a prerequisite, I would hope.) I would be upset, too. AND I would want others to be cautious with the company.

First, I don't know him other than having seen his posts on ConsimWorld and having rather enjoyed the magazine. I have requested and received support before more than once, and have enjoyed the magazine greatly. So even though I don't have any association with Battles Magazine other than being a happy customer, I feel that is enough to allow me to speak out.

Second, whether sending a single email is sufficient action or not is partly a matter of opinion.

Personally, I don't feel that sending email is a good point of contact to ensure a response. Email can fail for many reasons, and has no reliable method to know it's been received or read. In particular, I've seen cases where email communication didn't work as desired for Battles Magazine, and pursuing the issue through other channels (ie: just making sure the issue was actually known to Olivier) resulted in quick action.

The OP isn't (and shouldn't be) required to pursue a response through many different means to be heard.
He is totally justified in getting a full refund (as he did).
He is also totally justified in talking about it here and stating he'll never deal with this business again (as he did).
However, he might consider posting in a single thread - or at the very least pointing all feedback to single thread - instead of spamming multiple message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
newuser wrote:
[W]hether sending a single email is sufficient action or not is partly a matter of opinion.

I understand that the company failed to respond to PayPal as well. THAT is certainly eye-opening.

Regardless, I'm pleased the fellow posted on the Wargame Board. I don't monitor any of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with K G. I don't monitor the other threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier revenu
France
urt
Pyrennees atlantiques
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I answered there :

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10225909#10225909
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabe tambour wrote:

Thanks!

To prevent spreading the discussion out over multiple threads, I am locking this one.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.