Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Rating: 7.5
Another one I was eager to play! It seems we have another Knizia-esque game here, again with many different ways of scoring and, as usual, a theme having little to do with the game mechanisms. I performed really badly in this game. I passed on the first turn, preferring to take extra cards. I then lost my first elephant battle (4 cards and no majority!). Things started to get worse and worse as I lost the next two battles in which I took part (I still won one of them, on turn 11 I think :) I managed to grasp some commodity chips in the mean time, but needless to say, while I was scoring an average of one or two points per turn, my opponents were scoring 3 or 4, or even more... I did a bit better near the end and finished with a glorious score of 18 points :) I can't remember the exact scores, but the winner was about at 40 I guess. I think this is a game that I can like. To fix ideas, I'm the kind of guy who thinks that Ra is Knizia's best effort, and I'm not particularly fond of his "tile-placement" games such as E&T, Samurai, DDW, SR (no, don't burn me now please! :) At least here, the "placement" side seems to play a minor role I would say, not to say it is not important but that managing your hand is really the core of the game (and I have a lot to learn in this respect it seems :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.