Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Once again I have a question! And probable more will follow.

As Axis conquers minors, there is the NEED to garrison the capitol to avoid the Allies reactivating that minor.
For France, as long as it is a German Dependant, all cities of Occupied France needs a garrison.

But what about other cities? Such as Zagreb for example if Axis conquer Yugoslavia?
And what about cities in a non conquered nation which are not Vps? (example, Odessa, Kharkov, Smolensk, etc?)

By what I've read there is no requirement to man those cities.
But then again I could have missed something on the long read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to garrison captured ports to make them open ports, and strategic hexes in order to control them.

You would also need to capture all the cities in a country in order to liberate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a city is left empty, the Allies can use it for Partisans, and if the nation has not surrendered, they can build troops there.

I once turned an axis minor step loss due to an event into a full blown revolution. It left the city empty, so I build partisans, then got an exchange over the capital, leading it to be empty at the end of the turn.

I did worse in the same situation in Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can't find that in the rules though, that the W.Allies can build partisan troops (Res and such) in ungarrisoned cities.
Though I see that even more as Axis crippling for the way too short manpower they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

1.2.2.1 Partisan Base Placement
If a Partisan Base is in its Force Pool, the Allied faction may place it in any Rough or City hex (see Terrain Key) in any Conquered Allied Minor Country.

Partisan Base Placement Restrictions:
 A Partisan Base cannot be placed in a hex containing another Partisan Base marker or an enemy unit, Detachment, or Logistics marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thus until Partisans are placeable there is no need of Garrison on the other hand.

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And of course cities in countries you are at war with need garrisons as well, as enemy reinforcements can appear in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls