Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I lent my unpunched copy of VQ to a non-gamer at my church. The guy is the adopted son of one of my mentors and has a severe disability -- it causes physical issues but as far as I have been able to tell over the years his intellect is sound.

I didn't expect him to play it. But he has a great interest in the period, so my thinking is that the game provides interesting perspectives on it that, even without playing it, he would appreciate.

Don't know when I'll get it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs up for generosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a thing of beauty .... I'm sure he'll appreciate it

When you get it back .... punch and play it and it is even better

-JohnMcK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually came back a few weeks ago, in the exact same condition I lent it out in -- unpunched, with the cards still wrapped.

Before I punch it, I'm going to have to figure out how to store everything. GMT packs their boxes so full that carrying around a punched copy of one of their larger games is a considerable challenge. And I'm going to have to take punched copies of both Reformation games to the convention in March. Quite the challenge of organization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
It actually came back a few weeks ago, in the exact same condition I lent it out in -- unpunched, with the cards still wrapped.

Before I punch it, I'm going to have to figure out how to store everything. GMT packs their boxes so full that carrying around a punched copy of one of their larger games is a considerable challenge. And I'm going to have to take punched copies of both Reformation games to the convention in March. Quite the challenge of organization.

You may find this thread helpful for packing up your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.