Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules translation merely references the other language setup sheets and says to follow them.
This doesn't really tell how the wheels are set up initially.

Do we set our player wheels wherever we wish to start? Does the main wheel start where it shows on the sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the English translation spelled these things out, instead of referring to diagrams that aren't in the document itself.

If you look at the separate big sheets, you can see how all the wheels should be set up initially. Section 3 shows the main wheel, with the 3/2 3/2 showing.

The picture below that shows the starting setup of a player board. The "neck" should be just below horizontal on the right side. The game intentionally starts all players with an identical setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I just translated the original rules exactly as they were written, instead of re-writing them, and the original rules basically said "refer to the picture", because it would be difficult to desribe with words exact where to put the 'arm' of the wheels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Yup, I just translated the original rules exactly as they were written, instead of re-writing them, and the original rules basically said "refer to the picture", because it would be difficult to desribe with words exact where to put the 'arm' of the wheels

And a HUGE THANK YOU for translating the rules!

What would help, I think, would be to insert a note clearly describing where the pictures can be found. It took me a bit to figure out where I should look. I think it could also be described in words (as I did above, and/or something like "put the hand on 3:30", which I used when teaching the game in person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.