angry bearbear
China
flag msg tools
I have a question on getting experience in the game. I understand the player that can spend experience to level up, but where the experience come from? I search the rule book that only finish the chapter both side get 1 point only. If the lord knock down a hero or hero defeat a monster, player how to determine the experience? Am I miss the page of rule book or information on the card? Anyone can help? Thant a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hogan
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there,

I don't think you're missing anything. In a campaign, there is only experience at the end of the quests. Sometimes you get more experience if you win. The heroes do not get experience for killing monsters. The overlord does not get experience for defeating heroes.

Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomjester wrote:
The heroes do not get experience for killing monsters. The overlord does not get experience for defeating heroes.

The heroes do though, get a warm fuzzy feeling when defeating a monster... and the Overlord does get to take an OL Card when defeating a hero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only really gain experience in the campaign mode.

If you only play a single quest, you don't gain experience in that quest. You'll have to make due with the abilities bought from the xp you had before the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Class only has 15 XP worth of skills to buy, so if you gained experience from killing monsters, you would be maxed out after the first couple quests in a campaign. As it stands, you have to put some thought into your character build, because you won't be able to have every skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.