Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 8 Black Knights of the steppe swapped sides. The Russians must screen the approaches to Prokhorovka. I hid both KVs in the wood, that should be a surprise for him. Last week he put 1 in the wood and 1 in the barn.

Turn 1
All 5 Germans enter together. My exposed Churchill hid behind the barn for 2 CAP. His Sdkfz 251/10 moved up to it, with only a 37mm gun its no threat unless it gets to my flank. The Pz II moves to the north of the wood next to a hidden KV which cripples it. Then the Tiger advances towards the Barn. The Churchill fearing it will die without being able to harm the it moves up to the halftrack which runs away using CAP. The Tiger continues its advance and the Churchill pulls back so it stopped west of the barn. I delayed by interrupt actions to dig in my infantry. The second KV revealed itself to destroy the halftrack. His Pz IV moved up and damaged southern KV but was hit by my Churchill near the barn. That KV rallied and finished off the Pz IV. The Pz III waited out the turn as reserve. My 2nd Churchill moved into the open and shot his Pz II.

Turn 2
His Tiger started to advance and he bogged down the Churchill with a card as it turned to run. The big Tiger crashed through the barn and overran the poor Churchill.
He continued firing, immobilizing then destroying the 2nd Churchill.
]2 halftracks loaded with panzer grenadiers moved swiftly up the road. The second took a bad hit from a KV and its infantry scrambled forward into the wood. My infantry engaged the one that got through to the village.
Fire from the southern KV bounced off the Tigers massive armour. His Pz III joined the Tiger.

Turn 3
The half track bypassed the village and made it off the map. His Pz III ran the gauntlet of my KVs and got into the outskirts of the village only to fall prey to the T34s which arrived this turn. The Tiger followed it driving my T34 back into cover. Then he entered a wooden house and dug in. His infantry died under the tracks of a KV. The other heavy tank moved towards the village. 2 more T34s manoeuvred onto the Tigers flank.

Turns 4+5
The KVs moved up. The Tiger refused to act as T34s would be able to run up behind him. I was happy to wait as staying on the map counts as a victory point for me. I would likely lose at least 1 tank if I entered his line of sight.

Thanks to Jon for a good game and Cameron (my 9 year old son) for the pictures.

I think he moved the Sdkfz251/10 at speed 2 rather than 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Dinkel
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see another well done session report from you, keep it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. How long did the match take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 1/2 hours for this and about 2 1/2 more for Luchki part 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.