Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I bought the german anniversairy-edition of puerto rico. We playd it once and i buyed the 3. Ship (german called werft, dont know in english).
So i have a 3. Ship, when i have the captain, i can give a ressource, that the other player dont have on a regular ship. Then the second player omly have 1 ship for his ressources, he cant do on the ship that he has no ressources and he cant do on my 3. Ship. At the end i can put another ressources on the 3. Ship.
Its unfair? Or we play false?
And i'm from switzerland, my english is horrible, i know. I post the problem on many forums but i dont became an answer. I think bgg is the right place for it. I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeri Honberger
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand your question. When you buy the wharf (in Eng.) it is an imaginary (not real) ship for your use only. You can use it for any one kind of goods when Captain is chosen by putting the goods back in the supply. There is not a cardboard ship. You can use it one time when Captain is chosen.

The other players still have the normal number of ships to use. Your wharf does not affect the normal shipping rules for them; it does not use up one of the ships in the game.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you get it
so i cant use a normal ship, THEN the wharf?
i must use the wharf first?
when the other player only has 2 yellow goods and i have 2 black and 1 brown good, i cant use captain, put 1 black good on the first normal ship so the other player only place his 2 yellow goods on the second normal ship and after that i use my wharf to place the black goods?

sorry, i would it explizit
thank you for your post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a wharf you can use the normal ships AND your wharf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Metamorphose wrote:
yes, you get it
so i cant use a normal ship, THEN the wharf?
i must use the wharf first?
when the other player only has 2 yellow goods and i have 2 black and 1 brown good, i cant use captain, put 1 black good on the first normal ship so the other player only place his 2 yellow goods on the second normal ship and after that i use my wharf to place the black goods?

sorry, i would it explizit
thank you for your post!

You can't take the action you describe, but you can use a strategy similar to it: you can put your brown good (tobacco) on the first normal ship and then use your wharf to ship the black goods (coffee). This can really cripple the other player if they do not have some way to store the extra goods they will not be able to ship.

But as with any other shipment, if you put goods on a boat, you have to either use all the goods you have available, or fill the boat. If you have two goods, you can't put just one on a boat if it has room for more, you have to ship both of them.

Use of the wharf is always optional, and can be used at any point in the Captain phase - you can use it for your first shipment, second shipment, last shipment, whatever. You can even use it to ship some leftovers: pretend you have 5 corn (the yellow goods), your opponent has 2 corn, and there are 2 spaces left on a ship that already has corn. You can take Captain, ship 2 of your corn on the corn ship so that your opponent can't, then ship the remaining 3 corn on your wharf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! that was exactly was i thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.