Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm pretty disappointed in Eagle Games in the slow production of these games. Railways of the World is in the top 50 games and there are many that want to see more expansions quicker. It seems like forever since they made an expansion (not including Railways of Time- I don't consider that a true expansion).

Railways of England and Europe are out of production. Are they going to reprint these???

I see North America is on kickstarter which is good but how long will that take??? Has money run out on this series of games???

Its pretty sad that such a popular game can't be produced fast enough. I would expect at least 2 expansions a year.

Will they reprint England and Europe??? Will there be an Asia, India or Africa map in the works??? Or is Eagle games flat broke???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could spend a few minutes reading the KS page.. to see that Europe is being offered as an optional level, and therefore going to be reprinted / in stock and that the delivery date for the KS is June 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
I don't want them to start pumping out expansions at a rapid rate. It takes a long time to create a GOOD map. They don't always get it right. But at least they aren't just pumping out ill-thought out expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
What is the KS page??? Enlighten me please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/railways-of-no...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shiloh,

Eagle Games has released lots of expansions (usually 1 a year) for the system, as well as a card game for Railways of the World, and an event deck.

I am sorry you do not consider Railways through Time an expansion, but it is an expansion to the system.

There are always plans for more maps in the works. I am sorry you feel the maps do not come out fast enough.

The sky is not falling, and Eagle Games is alive and well.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an odd criticism.

The game has several large expansions:

Western US
Europe
England & Wales
Time

Then there's the Event Deck and the upcoming North America expansion. And a card game.

The base game was released in 2009. 2005 if you want to go back to Railroad Tycoon.

That's a lot of stuff over a fairly short period of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, I guess I just see Steam and Age of Steam pumping out expansions and figured ROW should be keeping up...though those games are not near the quality that ROW games have. Now that I look at it with better perspective from you guys I can see your point.

Well, keep up the good work...can't wait for more maps and I did support the game on KS:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilohc888 wrote:
Sorry, I guess I just see Steam and Age of Steam pumping out expansions and figured ROW should be keeping up...though those games are not near the quality that ROW games have. Now that I look at it with better perspective from you guys I can see your point.

Well, keep up the good work...can't wait for more maps and I did support the game on KS

The plethora of expansions for AoS and Steam are essentially fan expansions but produced by Bezier Games. For example, Steam only has 3 official expansions:
Steam Barons
Steam: Map Expansion #1
Steam: Map Expansion #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shilohc888 wrote:

Well, keep up the good work...can't wait for more maps and I did support the game on KS

Part of the reason why I chose RotW over Steam is how much better the maps look... The Steam maps look much too abstracted, while the RotW maps look gorgeous. I'm ok with less maps if they look as good as they do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.