Arkham Horror» Forums » Sessions

Subject: That's why they call him the Handyman! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Corvid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had the most out-of-nowhere, last-minute rescue!

Ok, so I won't go into the whole session here because the ending is really the whole reason I'm posting this.

I was playing solo versus Quachil Uttaus (excuse any spelling errors, I don't have it in front of me and can't be bothered looking it up) with the Dunwich board.

My investigators were Norman Withers, Tommy Muldoon, Michael McGlen and Marie Lambeau.

Things were looking grim. There were tough monsters everywhere (although no Dunwich tokens ever made it to the board), and although Muldoon was a kickass monster hunter in theory, all his weapons were physical and all the monsters were either resistant or immune.

Anyway, it was getting bad. I had five seals, no clues, everyone had a couple of injuries/madnesses and I only had two spaces left on the doom track. Two investigators were stuck in the asylum being stalked by hounds of tindalos. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance against the GOO toe-to-toe and it really looked like there was no way I could win.

Suddenly time runs out for Marie, and Uttaus catches up with her and turns her to dust.

Without warning, who should turn up on his motorcycle, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and an ELDER SIGN in the other? Handyman Wilson Richards!

VROOOM, He takes a beeline from the train station straight into Another Dimension without even batting an eye. Two turns later (and a lucky monster surge) he seals the sixth gate, wins the game, and drives off into the night!

So lucky. But hey, things so often go the other way that I don't mind a break like this.

Wilson Richards. What a legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCorvid wrote:
Without warning, who should turn up on his motorcycle, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and an ELDER SIGN in the other? Handyman Wilson Richards!

This left a very interesting mental image...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.