Subject: It's a Martian Invasion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I was looking for a fun little filler game to play with my niece and nephew and stumbled across Zombie Dice and Martian Dice. I wasn't sure which one I should go for but ultimately decided on Martian Dice for one simple reason: the dice.

Components
You get a cylinder full of 13 six-sided dice. On each die you will find a human face, a cow, a chicken, a tank, and two death rays engraved into them (each with their own color). The dice themselves are of normal quality but I really liked the drawings of each of those. They style is very cute and taken all together, really adds to the theme of the game.

Game Play
Martian Dice is ultimately a push your luck game. The goal is to abduct as many humans, cows, and/or chickens as you can without being stopped by the armies (tanks). On your turn, the player will roll (and continue rerolling) all 13 dice. The player can set aside any number of dice that they want, scoring one point for every human, cow or chicken they manage to abduct. If they are able to abduct humans, cows and chickens in the same turn they will receive a bonus. If they roll a tank(s) those must be set aside. To destroy the tanks, the player must roll one deathray for every tank on the table. If there are more tanks than deathrays at the end of the turn, then the armies win and the player scores 0 points for that round. First person to score 25 points wins the game.

Final Thoughts
If you're looking for a deep strategy game, this isn't it. What it is though is a very fun filler game. As I mentioned earlier, I chose this game because of the dice themselves. The artwork is very cute and everything actually fits thematically. My family got a kick of trying to press their luck and abduct more humans (and then being stopped by the tanks). This is a great game for kids (my 7 yr. old niece really loved it) but plays quick enough and offers just enough strategy that adults won't become bored with it (each game takes about 5-10 min depending on how many players there are). If your looking for a fun filler game, I would definitely recommend Martian Dice. It's simple, silly fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should get Zombie dice as well. With the expansion it has a little more excitement. There is a lot of screaming and shouting and jumping up and down on sofas when i play Zombie dice with the kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.