Kamisado» Forums » General

Subject: Kamisado vs Quandary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone played both Kamisado and Quandary? The both appear to be similar ... yet different.

Can anyone advise on the game play of quandary v kamisado?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Kamisado but not Quandary, which looks potentially interesting.

One obvious difference (based on reading Quandary's game description) is that pawns move 1 space forward in Quandary whereas they can go many spaces in Kamisado. So I'd expect progress in Quandary to be more gradual step-by-step, whereas sudden surprise victories with long moves can happen in Kamisado.

In Kamisado, the color of the square to which the last move was made determines the color of the piece which must move next.

In Quandary, you can move any of your pieces, but you must move to a square whose color equals a color in front of any opponent's piece.

So despite the similarities of "pieces on a multi-colored square grid + only moving forward + try to reach the far row", they don't necessarily sound all that similar to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing Quandary's board, I find myself wishing Kamisado had used white instead of brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.