United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

I had forgotten all about this game till I saw the picture on one of the geeklists. This was the game that started it all for me!!!

It's a bit of everything tossed into one game. You've got your dice for movement, and battling the monsters, a map, treasures, and minis (if you so choose to use them for the playing pieces).

I used to drag this thing around everywhere I went...sigh...wish I knew where it was, I'd play it right now! There was always that sense of excitement, since you never knew what would be in each room, and the map was huge!

Admittedly, the monsters were just the basic garden variety of D&D, but the fact that you could upgrade your little guys with weapons and treasures to take on the bigger and badder monsters was soo cool...at least, for a kid, at the time it was AWESOME!

Simple, fun, and always something different, especially when you tossed in a few house rules.

If you can snag this game I recommend it, it is a great game for teaching the younger kids about board games, they don't get frustrated, their imagination is activated, and they don't feel talked down to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great kids' game. We used to play this all the time. This was the game that got me back into gaming. I bought a copy on eBay and after that it was all over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa! I used to have that too. Jeez, I must have been 9 years old (1981?). I completely forgot about this one. Like you, I have no clue where it might be, or might have gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Chilton
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
No kidding...

And I have the super-ghetto 1975 edition.

Back when the cards were all monopoly card sized and you had to squint to read the 7 point type on the monsters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1975 version as well, pretty much intact save a few missing monster cards. But I got the pdf files so I might restore it somehow. Yeah that print type was so small, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heinrichsteven wrote:
surprise

I had forgotten all about this game till I saw the picture on one of the geeklists. This was the game that started it all for me!!!

It's a bit of everything tossed into one game. You've got your dice for movement, and battling the monsters, a map, treasures, and minis (if you so choose to use them for the playing pieces).

I used to drag this thing around everywhere I went...sigh...wish I knew where it was, I'd play it right now! There was always that sense of excitement, since you never knew what would be in each room, and the map was huge!

Admittedly, the monsters were just the basic garden variety of D&D, but the fact that you could upgrade your little guys with weapons and treasures to take on the bigger and badder monsters was soo cool...at least, for a kid, at the time it was AWESOME!

Simple, fun, and always something different, especially when you tossed in a few house rules.

If you can snag this game I recommend it, it is a great game for teaching the younger kids about board games, they don't get frustrated, their imagination is activated, and they don't feel talked down to.

Not to sure any version had one rolling dice to move. If I recall correctly, movement was up to five spaces, period.

Does your version differ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.