Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking it would be cool to incorperate poker into the duels rather than tiles or dice.
Any ideas?

Correction: Oh, I should be more specific about the poker idea, draw 5 cards, no more cards drawn, no cards in the middle or any other variant, best hand wins, it would still be fast be fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be interesting. I would be afraid that it'd slow down the game quite a bit. Maybe you could create a variant Character (Riverboat Gambler?) that is able to gamble instead of dueling. Not sure how you could streamline a poker mechanic. Blackjack could also work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a character called the gambler. But I wouldn't link it to a duel. The duels are great as they are. Perhaps the ability of the gambler is that he can gamble for money or guns?

He can then take five cards (or less/more if it's blackjack) and the outcome of these cards determine how much gold/guns you get (with a minimum of one gold/gun). Flush is x gold/guns, royal flush is y gold/guns etc etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there an expansion personality that affects the gambling action space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super late to the party, but I like this idea.

Maybe what you could do is have people draw five cards + 1 for each revolver at the beginning of each duel. Players could start with 5 cards as well at the beginning of the game to put into their hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
I posted my take on a poker-duel variant here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.