Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: AI Monster Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier Fake
msg tools
Hi,
After a first playtest I have a question :
When a monster move by tile, if the monster after the move is adjacent to a hero, the monster can attack the hero ? Or the monster must only move by square before attack a hero ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Monster moves by squares. Their movements are either: move a number of tiles, move adjacent to a Hero, or in rare cases teleport. Some Monsters have a ranged attack, others move adjacent to a Hero and then attack. Read the Monster's tactics to figure out both how it moves, and whether it attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Fake
msg tools
Ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the monster says to move adjacent to a Hero if it's within one tile of the hero, simply pick up the monster and place it on any SQUARE that's adjacent to the hero.

You don't have to worry about the path the monster takes.. you can make up a reason for wherever you put it.. as long as it follows the directions on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Fake
msg tools
I have read all monster card, and I have a better understanding when the monster attack or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Sombetzki
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also got a question regarding montser movement. Probably really stupid, but I'll ask it anyway

When the monster card says "within 1 tile of a hero", does that mean if it's on the same tile as the hero or on the tile next to the hero?

Thanks, English is not my native language so this might sound like a stupid question for some of you guys, but to me it's not clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that on the same tile or on one of the four adjacent tiles (tiles in diagonal directions are not adjacent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Sombetzki
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man! Makes the game even harder ;p
Found out that after a few plays I made several mistakes during play, but everyone's got to learn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.