JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148051/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

I did not get in a ton of games, but what games I did play were excellent!

2012-10-06 - I got to game with two of my favorite opponents, both of which I don't get to game with as often as I would like. My good man Fograsher made the drive from Ann Arbor, bringing his lovely painted set of Super Dungeon Explore, as well as some of the tastiest cider I have ever had the pleasure of laying my lips on. He also shared with us some delicious Kombucha, which I had been wanting to try for some time. I had prepared a lunch of grilled pork tenderloin, and salt potatoes, but the pork ended up drier than I would have liked (though still tasty), and I completely flubbed the salt potatoes and they were WAY too salty.
Tooth & Nail: Factions x2
Omen: A Reign of War
Mr. Jack
Super Dungeon Explore
Seasons
Elder Sign

2012-10-07 - Sunday was my younger daughters birthday party, afterwards our good friends came over for a couple games, and some subs.
Power Grid: The First Sparks
Fast Flowing Forest Fellers x2
Seasons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What Did You Play This Weekend? 10.09.12
We finally broke out Troyes for a couple learning sessions. Oh that game delivers. We don't have a great handle on it yet, but we know it is good.

Then three games of Biblios.

I pulled my back lifting heavy planters and woke up with a cold this morning. Do I know how to start the work week, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)I played two games of Twilight Struggle, but both ended on the 4th round.
So hopefully we learn how to play the USA.
2) Two games of Commands and Colors: Ancients
3) One game of GOA. I really want to explore that game a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taught some folks Le Havre and it went really well. Everyone liked it a lot and it was easier to teach than I thought it would be.

Also ran through a game of Seasons. I like it, but I need to play it a few more times before I have a good feel for it (it got late by the time we busted it out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a big game of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game on Saturday with 7 players - the Empire won (evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb). Then we played two games of The Resistance: Avalon (the good guys won the first, the bad guys won the second) and a game of 7 Wonders (I tied for the win).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Schultz

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Got in a moderate amount of gaming this weekend-

Dominion x2
Claustrophobia x2
Wings of War x1
Robo Rally x1 (first time, was really enjoyable!)
Ghost Stories x1
Power Grid: The First Sparks x1 (also a first timer...terrible rules book, but great game!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I headed over to Council of 5 Nations in Schenectady NY. Great weekend of gaming!

Friday:
Stone Age w/ Stone Age: Style is the Goal
Timeline

Saturday:
Lords of Waterdeep X2
Belfort
Dominion: Dark Ages

Sunday:
Navegador

Lots of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Goa
2) The Castles of Burgundy
3) Roll Through The Ages (3 times solo)
4) King of Tokyo
5) Alea Iacta Est
6) Jaipur (7 rounds)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recallme wrote:
1)I played two games of Twilight Struggle, but both ended on the 4th round.
So hopefully we learn how to play the USA.
2) Two games of Commands and Colors: Ancients
3) One game of GOA. I really want to explore that game a bit.

I assure you, it only gets better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game x1
Last Will x1
Libertalia x1
Zombicide x1
Level 7 [Escape] x1
Catacombs x1
Crokinole x1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Meeker
United States
Camano Island
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion x4 - We just bought Prosperity, and it certainly livened things up a bit.

Agricola x4 - Including our first game with the Interactive deck. That game is nuts.

Thurn and Taxis x2 - A learning game and one more. What a delight.

Lords of Waterdeep x0 - Everytime I suggest this one, she makes a funny face. I need a better sales pitch or a substantial bribe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Waey Joeri
Belgium
Oostende
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 2 games Fridayevening:

Finca
Crokinole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spirit of Columbus Day, we played Age of Empires III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Lee
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So Ive been revisiting some old games I have to see if I should keep them or rid of them. On saturday, we played 4 games of grimoire
and it was a lot of fun! My friends havent played a game like this (mission red planet, witches brew, or citadels) so I think they found it innovative and fresh

I also played one game of WOW adventure game. And I have to say that it's too bad it received negative reviews. It's a really fun adventure game with lots of "take that" player interaction and fun goal cards to fufill. The game is amazing with the expansion characters and Fantasy flight made a mistake of only including 4 characters which are all so-so and don't show the amazingness of this game. Also, the map is ugly and it's hard to find locations.

I also got a full game of Arkham Horror played. We got to the final battle with Hastur and we ran out of time to finish it. I think we could have won

Also played two games of Adventurers: Temple of Chac
and it is a great test your luck game with hilarious deaths

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Verrater x1
Santiago de Cuba x2
Princes of the Renaissance -> set it up but was too drunk to start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekend with the family at the coast. My son and I played Castle Panic with the Wizard Tower expansion (our first play with the expansion). Big fun, and we managed to win with one tower remaining.

The we played a couple of games of Wits and Wagers (another first play) with 5 players, and it was a real hoot. There were a number of questions on California and my wife happens to be from California, so the smart betters bet on her answers. I am evidently not a smart better, so I lost that one. Bet smarter and won the second game. Our youngest player was 12 and everyone had a blast.

We finished game night with Timeline Inventions (another game that's relatively new for us) with 3 players. I think this is a good casual party game and you actually run the risk of learning something. However, my daughter took so long agonizing over dates, I wanted to get out the hourglass timer from Wits and Wagers to help pick up the pace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Morris
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic x2

Formula D: Circuits 3 – Singapore & The Docks

Stoner Fluxx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy x2
Can't Stop x2
Arena: Roma II x3
Vikings x1
Bid Euchre x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

See GeekList at http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148060/congress-of-gamers-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Got a game of Egizia in on Friday, not enough time for anything else this weekend...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday, we where 4 guys.

First, I brought out my brandnew copy of Starship Merchants; a new Tom Lehman game. This one's really good - but it felt so ... how can I put this ... basic. We all enjoyed it but for more variety it is in need of an expansion set!

Then we played a game of Fresco, using all the Fresco: Expansion Modules 4, 5 and 6. I don't think that I will play that game again. If you want to plan your turn thoroughly, you need eons. And I'm definitely not an AP prone player. Pity, the game looks great and has a good topic and great material.

After refurbishing that Fresco, we ordered Pizza which we enjoyed on the patio (it was a warm night) and drank a few whiskeys afterwards.

So the next logical thing to do was playing Glen More, and of course I played the whiskey-strategy. And I won meeple

Paris Connection was played next. A quick and dirty train game. Sometimes I have the impression that setting up this game takes more time than actually playing it!

My friend bought Village and we played that game then. Alright, a new Euro with some nice ideas, but nothing really new. In fact, I became bored after round 3. I won by a couple of points, but I really had no idea why. I think I slowly begin to develop an Euro-allergy. These games are way too dry and only blend you with good graphics and material.

It was after midnight then and I was in dire need of a much more trashy game, so I broke out Monty Python Fluxx. The game lasted for more than one hour, but everyone was familiar with the Flying Circus Show and the movies and we had a great time quoting, singing and playing cards. The right game to end a great evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
1xThe Princes of Florence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian kane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Got a fair old amount done this weekend, i've been working away at Ikaruga on the gamecube recently, its just sooo hard!

And i've been testing a new game by Kwalee at the minute which is a hell of a lot of fun, but still in test stages...

And last but by no means least, pussy flip on the iphone is keeping me very busy, the multiplayer angle means im constantly playing someone!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pussy-flip/id539922373?uo=4&m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played two games of Taj Mahal. I was fun to get this one to the table again. I have yet to win this one but I still enjot playing it.

History of the World-Played this one for the second time. My opinion of it hasn't changed. It is OK but for the time commitment there are many other games I would rather play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Struggle Game went all the way. USA won at the end with 25 points.

Call to Glory First play. Nice set collection card game. Didn't try the variants though, which seem to add extra twists to the game.

Vanuatu Great action management game. Looking forward to trying the expansion at Essen.

Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game Always good fun.

The Manhattan Project This is great fun. Big Bertha did the business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.