Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Wondering if anyone offers a complete set of standard hex-style counters to replace the plastic miniatures in A&A, 1942. Playing this game with the map and figurines is a painful lesson in frustration.

So, I'm looking for a full set of counters to replace the figurines. To me, this would make the game much more functional and playable on the original 1942 map.

TIA,
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thought to create such things. I even went as far as to prototype some, but they are very crude and I've had other projects on my table, so I've made no progress of late. I too wish someone would do this - I like my plastic, but I think counters might be a cool alternative way to play this one.

Here are some of my noodlings on the matter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Waters
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not currently in print, but didn't Avalon Hill make a couple of versions, one in a box labeled Rise and Decline of the Third Reich and another in a box labeled Advanced Third Reich? whistle

You'd still need plastic for Japan admittedly, but... just a thought. And yes I realize it doesn't really exactly answer your question.

There's also the Nova edition which had counters (though not standard hex counters) for most of the pieces from '42. It's probably harder to obtain, though, not that I've looked recently.

And for the DIY approach I know VASSAL and probably quite a few other programs have built in counter image generators with full sets of NATO symbols.

Of course, the penalty for putting that kind of effort into this kind of heresy would most likely be prolonged torture until you recant followed by a reward of being burned at the stake, so...

Anyway, good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.