Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles bought the new Hasbro-Avalon Hill copy of ACQUIRE, so we gave it a go... wow! It looks nice! The pieces are big and chunky and much easier to set up in front of you. The building tops look great... and give the feel of an expanding business.

The game is exactly the same... which is both good (as it's a good game) and bad (as it has some flaws). My win was due simply to having the right tile on my last turn... enabling me to restart one chain, grab a free share, *and* collect the bonus for it at the end of the game, taking me from second to first.

Jason got shut out early when the chains he had stock in became the mergers rather than the mergees... leaving the rest of us to claw our way to economic power. (This is, with the exception of Jason, the tightest game of this I've ever played.) I still don't think this works as well with 5+ players, though... one person (Jason this time) always gets fried.

Mark Jackson $38,400
Charles Glaser $37,900
Bob Trezise $33,800
Dennis Mills $32,700
Jason Bennett $18,100

Rating: 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.