Christian Rehm

Palm Bay
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game myself a few times but I'm looking to bring some new people to the table with it. Would this be a good choice for people new to the GoT board game or should I stick with the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely original.
I haven't played this one yet, but here you have a lot of decisions to make in 1st turn.
In original you must use 3-4 orders to begin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Rehm

Palm Bay
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I was just trying to cut down on the time it takes to play it since this seems like a shorter version.

With new players in any game AP creeps in and shortening the game is usually a good idea. Maybe we'll play to 6 castles instead of 7. Thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ru
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would also suggest the original, not DwD expansion.

In the expansion, you start in war, with rather odd positioning for some houses. The original gives most houses a bit more time to build up and is definitely more forgiving in the first few turns. This would be better for new players, because there's just so much to pay attention to.

After a few games, the switch to DwD is a lot easier and I think the game will be shorter, although the new starting positions and heavy importance of early decisions can lead to AP as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Mitiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely use original version.

The main issue with newbies players in this scenario is that the risk of "unintentional King-maker moves" is extremely high - which may lead to a lot of frustration ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.