Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
(Enhanced Edition - Cross Posted with Original Edition because there are more readers there)
The Staff of Ra adds +1 damage. When you use its power, the staff is destroyed and does 3 damage. Do you then add 1 to make it 4 damage? Or does it not get to because it is now destroyed?
Any general principles about timing that someone can explain to help with this and other situations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The Staff of Ra's Power says you deal the damage before it says to destroy the staff, so yes, it will buff its own damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to this helpful answer, I got a LOT of info to comb through but I think it is all there. I am trusting that the author's answers are confirmed with the designers; he seems very dedicated to the game.

Julian Wasson
(Cosmonaut Zero)

Sadly, the rulebook itself doesn't detail the way it works, and there's no official FAQ/clarification doc. The easiest way to find all this info is here: http://www.spiffworld.com/sotm/files/sotm_rules_and_clarific...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.