Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: custom [+] missions [+] [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
First draft of my submission to the Zombicide Scenario contest. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Jack

Scenario X1
Josh needs his “meds”!
Intro story:

“Josh has been acting irritable for the past couple of days. Now he is flat out sick. Pale, puking, and shaking. Apparently, Josh has run out of his secret “medication” stash. “Medication” you just can’t find at a hospital or pharmacy. Josh says he knows where he can probably get more, but it’s in a rundown apartment building on the outskirts of the “bad area” of town. As if the whole dammed place hasn’t been turned into the “bad area” of town.

Personally, I’d let him suffer from his lack of “meds”, but Josh knows the town too well, and we don’t have the time or resources to deal with him being “sick”. So now we all have to risk our butts to get Josh his frigging “medication”. This is going to be one hell of a day. “
-Amy

Tiles: 1B, 1C, 2B, 2C

Start and Exit spaces are the same.

The red symbols on the map indicate wall spaces. You may substitute any marker you have handy, or can swipe from another game (TransAmerica rails or Settlers of Catan Roads work great) to indicate these are no longer doors, but solid wall.

If you have the “Walk of the Dead” promo cards, keep them separate from the main Zombie Deck.

“The people in the building were not in the best of health to begin with.” All Zombies spawned in the building are Walkers. You can generate the room populations by either using the “Walk of the Dead” deck or by using the Standard Zombie deck. Keep turning over cards in the standard Zombie Deck until you get a card that has Walkers for that Danger Level.

All Zombies generated at the outside spawn point are from the standard Zombie Deck. Remember, the outside spawn point is a Double Spawn Point. Draw a card for each.

When placing the 6 Red Objective points, include one with a Green X on the reverse. Mix them up and randomly distribute them in the indicated rooms.

Special Rules:
1. “Experience counts!” All Actors start at Yellow level, except for Josh, who starts at Blue.

2. “Josh insists on coming along.” You must include Josh as one of the survivors on this mission.

3. “Josh, you aren’t looking so good.” Josh must roll 1 die on each of his turns. On a 5 or 6, Josh suffers from his lack of “medication”. He loses two actions and all of his skills for the rest of his turn. (Optional rule to increase difficulty: Josh generates 1, 2, or 3 noise tokens as well)

4. “Where are my “meds”?” When an actor reaches an objective, he must spend one action to search the room for Josh’s “medication”. Flip over the objective marker. If it’s red, draw from the Equipment deck as usual. If it is Green, you have found a stash of Josh’s “medication”. Do not draw from the Equipment deck. Keep that Green marker. It is considered a piece of Equipment, but takes up no space on your inventory. Actors get NO experience bonus for any objectives, other than the Green objective, which provides 5 experience points.

5. “Take your “meds”, Josh.” If it is not Josh who finds the Green Objective, an actor may give Josh his “medication” once it is found, using the standard action for giving a piece of equipment.

6. “What a rush!” If Josh spends all of his actions in one full turn while in possession of the green objective, he no longer suffers the effects of the “Josh, you aren’t looking so good” rule for the rest of the game. If Josh is the actor who finds the Green objective, he cannot “take his meds” on the turn he found it. He may take it on any subsequent turn.

7. “All this for nothing!” If Josh does not escape through the Exit space, it is an Automatic Loss.

8. All other standard rules apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb

Just finished this one, good scenario. Found his "stash" of green stuff on the first search, we got super lucky. too late to start it again but mabye next time. Thanks for the fun scenario! ps Josh was so pissed when he forgot his lighter and couldent medicate, but ned had one of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a suggestion to move the exit to the bottom left. Apparently getting lucky on the Med search makes it a cake walk.shake

If I move it, should I keep the 2 spawn points there, split the two into one each in the upper left & lower right, or place one on each corner other than the start zone (adds 1 spawn zone)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Just received a suggestion to move the exit to the bottom left. Apparently getting lucky on the Med search makes it a cake walk.shake

If I move it, should I keep the 2 spawn points there, split the two into one each in the upper left & lower right, or place one on each corner other than the start zone (adds 1 spawn zone)?

I'd go with one on each non-exit corner.

Four spawn points is pretty standard for a 4-6 survivor scenario. 3 seems reasonable considering Josh's handicap. Yes, there's a big building to take care of, but it's going to be opened at blue yellow and once those indoor walkers zombies are gone, there isn't much of a threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Springheeledjack wrote:

I'd go with one on each non-exit corner.

Four spawn points is pretty standard for a 4-6 survivor scenario. 3 seems reasonable considering Josh's handicap. Yes, there's a big building to take care of, but it's going to be opened at blue and once those indoor walkers are gone, there isn't much of a threat.

If you refer to the rules, everyone starts at Yellow, except for Josh at Blue, so It's going to open at Yellow, but with the "walkers only" in the building, it should be fine.

Updated map.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks better, it,s going to be tough though!soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.