Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
We got this girl at the shelter today. 9mo and advertised as a Schnauzer Mix but I can't quite figure if it's Schnauzer or some kind of wire coated terrier. She definitely has an under coat but her outer coat is quite rough.

The ears look like schnauzer and she's got the eyebrows and little beard. They shaved most of her hair underneath when they spayed her so I can't really tell if it will fill in like a schnauzer.

Anyway, she's very sweet. Just the right mix of playful and calm. and doesn't bark at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10% schnauzer, 90% freagin' adorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no suggestions, but would like to beg for a few more pictures of her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe part Norwich terrier or Cairn terrier. Very adorable, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is little value to playing "guess the breed(s)" for mixed breed dogs. First, once a dog is past the first generation mix* phenotype can allow for a huge array of expression, some quite unlikely. Next, there have been numerous cases of genetic testing agencies reporting incorrect results for known mixes, just as there have been numerous results of expert dog people incorrectly guessing the breeds involved in a known mix.

Unless you're showing in conformation, or looking for a dog with very specific qualities, breed is largely inconsequential. Learn how to temperament test. Judge this dog for what he or she is, and whether he or she might be a good fit for your family and your home.

After all, even with purebreds, exceptions exist. It is more important, even with known purebreds, to evaluate the dog rather than the breed-presumed generality.

*first generation mix defined as the first generation descendant of one purebred or cross-bred parent, with the other parent being a cross or mixed breed; and cross-breed meaning the direct descendent of two known (i.e. registered) pure-bred parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
In my estimation it is a Non-pileated Chupacabra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickapoo W
msg tools
I have a similar looking doggie! We also got him from shelter. Appears to be part Border Terrier, part Chihuahua. Looks kind of like this:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images17/BorderTerrierCassie3yea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.