Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Demonic possession (quest compendium scenario) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi friends!

Today I played the scenario "Demonic possession", hosted in the Quest compendium, and I have strongly mixed feelings about it. Some ideas were cool, but I really think it's dramatically unbalanced. At first, because of the lack of some glyphs in the central region of the dungeon (zero in area 1 and area 4; basically, everytime one of your characters dies, you have to have him respawn from the beginning of the dungeon, unless you've already activated the one in area 5 (area 6 could be maybe easier to activate, but still, if you need to respawn and go to Area 5, is a real pain in the ass having all that distance to cover). Plus, OL special powers granted by the reality warp are kinda overpowered (1 threat for a free Aim or a free Dodge while the normal card costs 2 threats? seriously, 50% discount? 1 threat for a +2 damage? if you manage to combine two master beastman together, this means a +6 to be added to 1 red, 1 green and 1 black die, which means easily to kill a weaker character on one shot). But anyway, I was good enough to have only one character being killed in room 5 after the glyph was activated (Mok died because of a beastman, so at the moment I possessed the demon, I had lost only two CT because of death, plus other 3 CT were lost because the OL drew the last card from his deck), but still, I wasn't able to beat the game. The named master demon in the final room was simply too powerful for the equipment my party had. I had to go hunting for the last gold chest to find ONE decent weapon to kill the monster, but it was too late. Generally speaking, I'm
rather good at being a hero, but this time I felt frustrated most of the time because it seemed like there was no way to reach the final goal.
Just wanted to know your thoughts and if you had the same problems of balance I had

Thanks!

JULIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the QC so don't know much about this scenario, but the heroes in this PBF game didn't even make it to the final room I think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Corbon,
nice to meet you on this board as well :-) Thanks for the link, I skimmed some of the pages and yeah, you and your pals were stopped definitely at area 6. Seems like it's really a tough one.
I guess I'll probably end by trying to balance everything a little more. Consider that I had reallya bad luck because the golden chest that gave you some golden treasure, was filled with 200 gold for me. The only golden treasures I've found where in the final room (where the second golden chest lied). It was like having a holiday in the butcher's backyard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.