Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locutus strength is 6 speed and 10 attack plus 1 for each Borg card in the hand of the players. Due to the flip effect each player will be guaranteed a Borg card, thus Locutus strength will raise by 1 per player plus the number of Borg cards in the hands of the players before.

Now, the strength determination itself IS not a flip effect, thus it is not calculated when the card is flipped. If a player plays a card like Duras into his bridge, he/she may trash one Borg card from his hand. Will this lead to Locutus being weaker as there are less cards in the hands of the players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Locutus strength is 6 speed and 10 attack plus 1 for each Borg card in the hand of the players. Due to the flip effect each player will be guaranteed a Borg card, thus Locutus strength will raise by 1 per player plus the number of Borg cards in the hands of the players before.

Now, the strength determination itself IS not a flip effect, thus it is not calculated when the card is flipped. If a player plays a card like Duras into his bridge, he/she may trash one Borg card from his hand. Will this lead to Locutus being weaker as there are less cards in the hands of the players?

Your question was answered by Alex Bykov (designer) here:
ABykov wrote:
qwheeler wrote:
2. Can I use a card like Diagnostics Check to discard Borg cards from my hand during a battle with a cube or Locutus? Or do they no longer count as in my hand once I've revealed them for those cards effects. If you can still discard them, would it effect Locutus's goal since they are no longer in my hand at the time I attempt to defeat him?

2) Yes you can discards BORG CARDS to effects such as Diagnostic Check but remember that the stat increases to the BORG CUBE/LOCUTUS are set before you have a chance to play Diagnostic Check. The X on those cards will be set before players have a chance to play cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing me to that thread and copying it into this thread. :-)

I just wish people would use more meaningful headings in their threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.