Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really enjoying this game. I would like to give it a rating but HOW?
I have gone under the information tab and filled out the form and yet it does not show up. Any suggestions as to how to do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop down to the very bottom of the game page. Instead of Information - you need to click Add a copy to your collection under User Information.

The rating box option is 'hidden' in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I keep doing. It has n/a by rating. I click on that and give the rating, hit save, but it doesn't record it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's weird! It looks like it's working just fine on my browser...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I left something out. What steps did you take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
When I access your account page I don't see anything in your board game collection. Either you haven't added TAL (or anything else) or there is something wrong with your BGG profile/account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I've always wondered whether we're supposed to rate it based on when we first learn the game system or when we become proficient at it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
I've always wondered whether we're supposed to rate it based on when we first learn the game system or when we become proficient at it...
Would your rating change once you've become proficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I need to go in and work on my profile. I did not know I needed to do that before rating a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:

Its whatever your preference is. I generally wait until I've had a few plays under my belt to feel like I'm giving the designer a fair shake. But I've also changed a couple of scores after the initial rating based on my additional experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leegin wrote:
Thanks. I need to go in and work on my profile. I did not know I needed to do that before rating a game.

I don't think it actually has to be in your collection to rank it. Here's another method to quickly rank and add games to your collection.

Just search for the game using the search box. Click rank in the results list for the entry you want to rank. Type in a number and click "save". Click in the status column to bring up the popup to add it to your collection.

Here's a screenshot.

There are many other ways to do this as well.

edit - another possible issue preventing you from ranking an item is if you are using NoScript or NotScript. BGG has a number of domains, so check and make sure you are enabling any that include "geekdo" in the name as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rating finally showed up. Thanks. Must have been the script.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.