Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the draft of my entry to the Zombicide map editor contest. It's a moderate difficulty Zombicide scenario. I hope you enjoy it!

THE GAUNTLET
A Zombicide scenario for 4 Survivors
By Mark Leaman (mark.leaman at gmail.com)

"Chief sacrificed himself to buy us a chance to escape! His car is parked next to the pump house. If we do this right, we can all make it out of here alive!" Phil goes on to explain that unfortunately the Police Chief's car is almost out of gasoline. Making matters worse, the Chief's car key was lost when he died. Fortunately Phil knows where there is a cache of gasoline and a safe box with a spare car key.

OBJECTIVES
- Get the Chief's spare car key. (Blue objective token, conditional objective.*)
*Another survivor may learn the combination to the safe box. See special rules below.

- Get the gasoline can from the pump-house. (Green objective mark, conditional objective.*)
*If a survivor finds Gasoline when searching a room they may use it in place of completing the green objective. See special rules below.

- Put gas in the tank of the Chief’s car. This requires two actions and must be performed by a survivor with a gasoline gear card "in hand" in its inventory. (Required objective.)

- No one left behind. All remaining survivors must exit the map together in the Police Chief's car. (Required objective.)

SETUP
You will need the following tiles for this scenario: 5C, 7B, 5E, 6B, 1B, 1C, 4B, 2C.

Place a gasoline equipment card under the green objective token in the pump house. When a survivor takes the token it also takes the gasoline card into its inventory. When a gasoline equipment card is used to fill the car's gas tank it is removed from the survivor's inventory.

Place three, pre-spawned walkers as indicated on the map.

All objective tokens award 5 experience points.

Distribute the following starting gear items: Pistol, crowbar, baseball bat.*
*Survivor's default gear does not count against this.

The blue zombie spawn marker is inactive until the blue objective (car key) is taken.

SPECIAL RULES
Required survivors: Phil and Josh.

The Chief's spare car key (blue objective token) is in a safe box that requires a combination to unlock. Phil knows the combination and can unlock the safe box to get the key (take the blue objective token). Any survivor may learn the combination from Phil at the cost of 1 action to both. (This requires that both Phil and the other survivor have at least one available action on the turn this is done.) Unlocking the safe box and taking the Chief's car key (blue objective token) is a single action.

Josh can hot-wire the Chief's car if the group fails to get the spare car key. To do this someone must spend an action to break into the car. This is done with a successful attack against the car's window. (Roll as if attacking to kill a Fatty.) Success means the survivors may enter the vehicle. Josh must sit in the driver's seat and attempt to hot-wire the vehicle. The hot-wire attempt requires 1 action and is successful on a die roll of a 6. Josh may spend one additional action to improve his chances by one, thus granting success on a die roll of 5 or 6. (Survivor skill modifiers may be used on this roll. Multiple hot-wire attempts are permitted.)

The Chief's spare car key (blue objective token) takes the place of one gear card in a character's inventory. (NOTE: The Chief's spare car key can be lost like any gear item. It must be in the inventory, but need not be "in hand", of the survivor unlocking/entering and operating the Chief's car.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting scenario. I'll have to give it a try.

Strangely, I was working on a scenario that I called "The Gauntlet" but just changed its name earlier today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Interesting scenario. I'll have to give it a try.

Strangely, I was working on a scenario that I called "The Gauntlet" but just changed its name earlier today...

Looking forward to giving your scenario a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
Made one small modification. Starting gear is now a pistol, crowbar and baseball bat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a good scenario. I think I will try it with my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
Albator99 wrote:
This looks like a good scenario. I think I will try it with my group.

I would love to hear your feedback. Too easy? Too difficult? Questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. slippery Josh makes it to the car while the cop holds up in the room, and the chick keeps the street, well, clear.

2. into the car and away. not easy, but a good day's work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
prael wrote:

2. into the car and away. not easy, but a good day's work.

There's an empty seat in that car. Looks like someone didn't make it out alive. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Miller
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe *Someone* went home early whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattmill wrote:
I believe *Someone* went home early whistle

She took one for the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie's gotta eat, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.