Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Chaos in the Old World» Forums » General

Subject: Acquiring a New Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this is a long shot, but is there anyone out there who doesn't use their box for this game, but still has it, and might want to sell it? I recently traded for a copy of this game, and the box top has a pretty serious gash in it, which will slowly drive me crazy.

I initially assumed I could work something out with FFG, but they don't have it setup where they're able to replace boxes, so I'm SOL.

Anybody?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give you mine if somebody gives me the kick-ass new-edition box
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
I realize this is a long shot, but is there anyone out there who doesn't use their box for this game, but still has it, and might want to sell it? I recently traded for a copy of this game, and the box top has a pretty serious gash in it, which will slowly drive me crazy.

I initially assumed I could work something out with FFG, but they don't have it setup where they're able to replace boxes, so I'm SOL.

Anybody?

Thanks!


Just pretend that the gash was caused by a Khorne attack that went overboard from inside the box.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
I realize this is a long shot, but is there anyone out there who doesn't use their box for this game, but still has it, and might want to sell it? I recently traded for a copy of this game, and the box top has a pretty serious gash in it, which will slowly drive me crazy.

I initially assumed I could work something out with FFG, but they don't have it setup where they're able to replace boxes, so I'm SOL.

Anybody?

Thanks!


Did you know there was a gash going into the trade? If it wasn't disclosed to you, try taking it up with the person you got it from.

Maybe it wouldn't get you a new box, but maybe 10 bucks to by a drink and forget about it...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
selwyth wrote:
I'll give you mine if somebody gives me the kick-ass new-edition box


Wait, there is a new edition?

edit: NM - you mean the reprint box with Nurgle on the cover. I like my stark, black embossed box much better.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:

Did you know there was a gash going into the trade? If it wasn't disclosed to you, try taking it up with the person you got it from.

Maybe it wouldn't get you a new box, but maybe 10 bucks to by a drink and forget about it...


Yeah, he disclosed it to me, with pictures and everything. The trader was incredibly great, and I knew what I was getting. I just assumed that I could work something out with FFG, so I didn't even worry about it. Once it turned out FFG couldn't help me, that's when I came here.

I appreciate the advice, nonetheless!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm putting this on my x-mas list. If I get it, and someone likes the new cover better, I like the old cover better and would trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.