Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think an eye patch is necessary to get proper respect from the rest of the crew even if you still have two good eyes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Do you think an eye patch is necessary to get proper respect from the rest of the crew even if you still have two good eyes?

If ye still got two good eyes, ye likely be a land lovin' harbor hog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Someone once told me that eye-patches would sometimes be used to keep one eye used to the darkness so that someone going below decks where it was dark would have night vision in that eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrr, it's drivin' me nuts!

And that's the end of this week's episode of "Punchlines Only!" Next week on "Punchlines Only!":

Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Someone once told me that eye-patches would sometimes be used to keep one eye used to the darkness so that someone going below decks where it was dark would have night vision in that eye.

I've also heard this, but then why did only pirates get the eye-patch reputation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

I've also heard this, but then why did only pirates get the eye-patch reputation?

Better marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

Because pirates are cool. They get all the booty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
An older pirate was out showing a younger pirate how to swab the deck. The younger pirate notices that the older pirate has a wooden leg, a hook, and an eye-patch. The younger pirate asks how the older pirate got the wooden leg. His response "Aye, we were shipwrecked off the coast of treasure island and I was set upon by a great white shark. After a valiant struggle, I sent him down to Davey Jones locker, but not before that shark took me leg". The younger pirate went on to ask about the hook. "Aye, one time when I was wenching, I got a wee bit too friendly like with one of old Blackbeard's maidens. I stood me ground in a deadly contest of blades for 7 hours, but in the end old Blackbeard took off me hand! He was so pleased with me swordplay that he treated me to a pint of ale after the whole affair was done with". Finally, the young pirate asked about the eye-patch. "Aye, I was out swabbing the deck and looked up to the sky when a crow shat in me eye!". The younger pirate, disbelieving, asked "That's all?!" To which the older pirate replied "Aye, it was the first day I had me bloody hook!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Veer out the tiller-lines, and nail 'em to the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
MENTE, MANU ET INSTRUMENTUM
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Duh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Proper Pirates don't have two good eyes, only landlubbers do.
Unless you can throw in at least a wooden leg or a hook, that counts about the same as an eye. Double thumbs up for the guys with a double hook. (I'm doing thumbs up for you, becuase you can't anymore)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.