Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent de Wildt
Netherlands
Beverwijk
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Peaslee in play along with Obsessive insomniac. I (or my opponent) manage(s) to get Peaslee to the discard pile.

In the same phase I use the ability of Obsessive Insomniac to draw many cards by discarding some resources. The resources I discard are character cards. Can I use the ability of Peaslee to put Peaslee and the discarded characters (which were resources before) into play?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but note a couple of things...

1. This puts all characters that entered a discard pile that phase into play - this includes your opponents characters in his discard pile as well.

2. Peaslee's response triggers as soon as he enters the discard pile. You can either use it then, or let the opportunity pass. So you would have to have used Obsessive Insomniac earlier in the phase - you cannot wait for Peaslee to die and THEN use Obsessive Insomniac to load the discard with characters as the window to use Peaslee's response is gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent de Wildt
Netherlands
Beverwijk
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the superfast answers

Everything is clear. the remarks you made are sharp as always. I was aware of those (for a change )but due to my incomplete example it could not be clear to everyone. Thanks for pointing it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card was attached to a Domain as a resource, it does not count as a character when it enters the discard pile. (Faq 2.2 Card States). Local Sheriff has text stating otherwise, but unless it was in play as a character, it won't come back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're misreading it. Here's the section in question:

(1.15) Card States
If a card has an ability that triggers in response to said card entering the discard pile, that effect does not resolve or trigger if that card had blank text due to a card effect, was attached to a domain as a resource, or was insane before it entered the discard pile, unless that card specifically states otherwise.

What it essentially says is that the card entering the discard pile can't trigger its own abilities if it entered the discard pile blank, from a domain, or was insane at the time.

That doesn't apply here. The characters have already been in the discard pile before Peaslee's ability happens, and they aren't triggering their own abilities anyway.

Effectively it's just stating that blank stays blank just long enough to let it settle into the discard and the time to play responses has passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever. The rules in this POS game seem to change everyday. That's cool. Maybe one day I can get up to the EC and get special treatment too. If only I could be lead through the FAQ by the designer himself as well. Oh well, it doesn't matter, no one in Arizona plays anyway .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.