Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have a question.
what is the purpose of the feint card (tap a creature) ?i mean when the opponent will play his turn his first phase is to untap all his creatures.so if i play in my turn the feint card what do i gain?
have i miunderstanding the first and last phase?(untap all your creatures unless a card say the opposite)the feint card doesn say that you cannot untap

when i use a card to make one of my attack stronger(+10 damage) and my opponent use a card to cancel the attack from 1 sorce does my attack counts for 2 sources or 1?i mean the attack is made by one creature that is enhanced.the card that gives me plus 10 damage is considered to be a second source?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
i have a question.
what is the purpose of the feint card (tap a creature) ?i mean when the opponent will play his turn his first phase is to untap all his creatures.so if i play in my turn the feint card what do i gain?
have i miunderstanding the first and last phase?(untap all your creatures unless a card say the opposite)the feint card doesn say that you cannot untap

On your turn you can tap an opponent's creature. Now that creature will not be able to dodge (if they have cover) nor can they take any immediate action which may have been a damage prevention card (for e.g.). You gain the certainty that you can inflict damage on this creature without the fear of it being prevented, unless your opponent cowers.

Quote:
when i use a card to make one of my attack stronger(+10 damage) and my opponent use a card to cancel the attack from 1 sorce does my attack counts for 2 sources or 1?i mean the attack is made by one creature that is enhanced.the card that gives me plus 10 damage is considered to be a second source?

The card in this case is the only source. It allows you to have an attack and it tells you the strength of the attack (base damage +10 damage). Just because you read the base damage off of your creature does not mean they are an additional source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanx for your reply,i appreciate it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to tap for Standard AND Immediates (and you untap both at beginning and end of turn, so you get one 'tap' effect in your turn and one during your opponent's).

Feint allows you to deny your opponent the opportunity to use Immediates. For instance, just prior to an attack, so that they can't play any damage prevention effect.

Or in the case of the band I'm currently using, I use it to make my Goblin Cutters even more menacing (20 damage each, plus Goblin War Cry, plus the fact the opposing creature can't play any Immediates, I can often kill a 90 HP creature in one turn that way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it was my first game and that questions occured. i hope i wont have others in future plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does firetrap needs los of the oppoment targets creature or los of the trap i want to activate or not los at all but just a humanoid in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what are the triagle tokens with number 1-8 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
does firetrap needs los of the oppoment targets creature or los of the trap i want to activate or not los at all but just a humanoid in play?

You always need LoS for card effects unless the card tells you otherwise (so far no card lifts this restriction). Note that you don't need to have a clear shot you just need to be able to trace from any corner of the source square to any corner of the target square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
what are the triagle tokens with number 1-8 ?

If there is more than one creature of the same type in use the triangle tokens can be used to distinguish them. Put one of the pair of numbers next to the mini on the board and put the other on its creature card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so i must have los only of the target or and of the trap also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
so i must have los only of the target or and of the trap also?

You must have LoS of the hazard.

Who get's damaged is open for discussion, and there has been some over on the WotC forums. One idea, and the one I think makes the most sense, is that you count two squares away from the hazard. So the hazard doesn't need line of sight to the creatures that get damaged, and your creature doesn't need line of sight to the damaged creatures either.

See the discussion here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/29242373/D...

They're talking about Fireball not Fire Trap but the two are similar.

One other issue which I haven't heard any discussion about is whether you need to respect terrain costs while counting these 2 squares. As written I think you'd have to, but it's a bit odd and you might think that you should count those squares ignoring terrain type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmm..in my mind i think it is not neccesary for terrain penalty.imagine the whole situaation,a trap is triggered from distance by a switch or other mechanic so there is no movement,so no penalty.i enjoy a lot this game but i think the rules is a little badwritten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
mmm..in my mind i think it is not neccesary for terrain penalty.imagine the whole situaation,a trap is triggered from distance by a switch or other mechanic so there is no movement,so no penalty.i enjoy a lot this game but i think the rules is a little badwritten

Yes. I guess technically difficult terrain only has a penalty during movement, so maybe I wasn't thinking about it correctly above. This isn't movement so 2 squares is simply 2 squares with no regard to terrain type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.