Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Barchak
United States
Carl Junction
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else more then just a little disappointed that this game hasn't even shipped in the U.S. yet?

I mean the website stated available Oct. 1 and yet it's now Oct. 9 and I still haven't even received my shipping confirmation. Their customer service told me last week the game was delayed by customs (why is customs holding up boardgames anyways aren't there I don't know drugs, contraband, illegals, etc to look for) and wasn't coming until Thursday Oct. 4 then it would be shipped out immediately. Now they say the games still haven't arrived and they didn't even guess on then it would.

Sorry for the rant but I was just really excited about getting the game and the wait is killing me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a CoolStuffInc order (with other stuff I want in it) waiting on Spartacus, so yeah the delays are making me pretty sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Evans
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sad just antsy. I know it is the nature of pre-ordering but it is really a bummer that it is taking this long. I want my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
I am annoyed. I have never ordered anything from coolstuff before, in fact I have never ordered any game online before unless it came from Amazon, and I am disappointed. Cool Stuff said Sept shipping. It is now heading to mid October. Whether it is their fault or not at least have the courtesy to send an apology email and offer to refund the money. Maybe it will be delayed to 2015? Do they still just say nothing and keep the money?

From now on I think I will just stick to the game store. You go into the store, you see it on the shelf, you buy it. No weeks of waiting, no anticipation, you just do it the old fashioned way: "Oh look, that looks cool. I will buy it".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're not sure when it's going to come out, I guess I'll just cancel my coolstuff order for it so I can get the other goodies. I may pick it up this holiday season though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Jackson
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is fairly common for a board game to get delayed from initial release dates. I usually anticipate a month or two from the initial published release date, that way I'm not too let down when it does get pushed back ... or, pleasantly surprised when it doesn't!

At any rate. I also hope this comes out soon! I have it on pre-order from Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is really disappointing is that no one is responding to these questions. Gale Force 9 has an account here that they used to announce the release and other news bits, that account has been logged in to BGG daily, but hasn't posted anything in weeks.

The official Facebook page for the game still says "Available October 1st!" and they post scans almost daily, but ignore the repeated questions of what the status is.

Delays are inevitable sometimes, but you could at least take 5 minutes every day or two to make an update to your customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They finally responded on their facebook page:

Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery is already in stores in Australia & New Zealand. It is shipping to stores in the US now and will be on stores shelves in the UK next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We apologize for the delays in shipping. We are just as eager as you are to get the game out to you and our retail partners. As we posted on our Facebook page, the game is already in stores in Australia and New Zealand. The games began shipping to customers and stores in the US yesterday and should start showing up on store shelves by week’s end. Our UK distribution center is beginning to ship to customers and retailers today, so expect to see those game’s in stores by week’s end as well.

We let our enthusiasm for our initial release get the better of us and we announced shipping dates based on best-case scenarios. As is often the case in Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery, just when you think things are going your way your plans and ambitions are undone! Apologies.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support for our game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Piolon
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine! I live in Europe, but still. I'm so excited I wet my pants a bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That update was all I needed. The lack of a note on this before was what had me worried. I'll let my coolstuff order stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Barchak
United States
Carl Junction
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's for responding about the delay in shipping!

I haven't received email confirmation of shipping yet on my preorder from the website. Will I receive an email from flames of war letting me know when it's been mailed or are they too busy shipping out this fantastic game to worry about emails? Thanks and look forward to getting my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne Kärki
Finland
Varkaus
Pohjois Savo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayland Games sent a message yesterday, that my game has been shipped. Was delayed twice, iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was shipped yesterday from stormfire / firestorm. They had a week of delays while customs played with the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cisco Serret
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a email just now saying it was shipped to me from Delaware. The date for the shipping date says Oct 12 however. It was shipped from the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pre-ordered directly from the publisher. I got an invoice today via email that has the 10/12 date and says it's shipping method is UPS. I do not see a tracking number or anything else, so I'm not sure if this is saying the game has already shipped, saying the game will soon be shipping or some sort of second invoice (I got an invoice intially when I ordered the game, so hopefully I wasn't double-charged!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got the invoice today too from them. It says "Payable on Order (When Shipped)". It then shows a charge to my credit card so I assume it was shipped. If not today, sometime very soon. A couple of days won't make a difference to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cincinnatus wrote:
A couple of days won't make a difference to me.

Hey, who the heck let this patient guy post in a "when's my game shipping" thread???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only patient because it's a gift for someone else. I want MY stuff as soon as possible like the rest of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not in stock in US stores soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Perry
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
Got an email this morning my copy just shipped from GF9. Arrival should be 10/18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc told me they were expecting it soon and that it would then ship within 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.