2 Posts

Dune Express» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic v1.2 rules and Alliances v1.5 with variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Pavera
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody. I would like to translate Dune Express rules into czech, but i would like to use both of the most used game rules. I think that most complex are these two Ilya77 basic v1.2 rules and larienna Alliances v1.5 with variants.

In order to do this i made first this new modification Dune Express file where are all components for both of this games (versions) based on Ilya's design.
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82043/modification-of-ilya...

I decidet that this two rulebooks will be the main rules for my modification. But still there are lot of questions with variants that can be played in v1.2 but they are not mentioned in Alliances v1.5. I asked directly larienna for hit thoughts about some versions, and he gave me some answers. But i still want to ask you about your thoughts.

But first some questions about Basic v1.2 rules. I would like to ask you about Tactic Die variant. Unfortunately in Ilya rules is not written everything. So if you have Tactic die, or if you play tactic variant(2 face with storm movements, 2 face with Assignment, 1 face with Fort and 1 face with Atomic), so if you have Fort your opponent must first discard two of his trooper token an after that the usual battle begins. This is ok but if attacker wins, is fort destroyed or it stays? On BGG i found Citadel rules (which are Fort rules with different name) and there is written that attacker can keep Fort if he will pay one more additional spice. So what you think is best? The same think if you will destroy all enemy trooper tokens using Traitor die. If there is no Trooper after Traitor attack, will be Fort destroyed or not? Or maybe the only possibility how to destroy Fort is using Atomic? And if so, if you use atomic (which should be really powerful weapon) do you destroy only Fort or everything in the location (trooper tokens)?

Larienna think that is should be played, that Fort stays and Atomic will destroy everything in location.

Other think about Fort (written in this Citadel rules) and what Ilya didn't mentioned is that if you have Fort you can use any traitor defense token against any traitor result on traitor die. So it simply means that you can spend any of Snooper, Hl Shield, Truth Trance against Crysknife, Poison or Hunter seeker. Is it true or how do you play this rule? And if this is true how you play this with thumper variant. With thumper variant there is no Truth Trance face on Traitor die, so is it possible (if you have Fort) play any of remaining defense tokens (Snooper, Hl Shield) against Hunter seeker, or is Hunter seeker only one traitor result that is not possible to block (in v1.5 id Hunter seeker only traitor attack which is not possible to block)? Or do you use this rule (blocking with Fort) or not?

And last about Tactical die. What do you think about Assignment face? Did you played it or is it really so powerful? I think that it should be possible only rearrange players trooper token, only if the player is solo controlling one location, and only if this locations are adjacent.

And what about Assignment face in version Alliances v1.5. There can be alied players in one location, so there is no solo controlling player, How to play Assignment face in v1.5 version of Dune Express?

Next question is about holding defense tokens. How many different defense tokens you can hold? One of each type or more? The same question about Thumper how many Thumpers you can hod.

Larienna think that is possible to keep multiple thumper and multiple traitor defense (at least in his v1.5). Is it true in v1.2 too or not?

And now the questions about Alliances v1.5. First question is about tactical version with Alliances rules v1.5 (i like Forts but in original Alliances rules are no Forts). On Tactical die are two storm faces, but in Alliances rules you have storm movement die. So how you play this, if you have on both dices storm face. Will you move two locations counterclockwise or not?

Larienna think that if you want to play this Tactical die, the best solution would be to remove Storm movement die and keep only Tactical die. And if on tactical die will be rolled Storm movement that this tactical die must be immediately set aside and it is not possible to rerolled it. So what you think? Will you play with both dice or only with one?

Other Question about tactical die and Fort token are the same as i asked for Basic rules v1.2.

Maybe one more question about fort. Is it possible to build fort in Polar Sink? I don't really like the idea that Polar Sink is normally playable location, and you cab battle in this location. In original DUNE game is Polar Sink only one safe location where all fractions can coexist together. So first it is really true that Polar sink is normal area open for battle or not. And if so is it in this location possible to build Fort?

Next question about Fort and his building is, when you can build it? Larienna think that it should be possible to build Fort only in next turn when the player controls the location in the beginning of his turn. So it is not possible to send any troop tokens to free location and immediately build fort. With this i really agree, but i am not sure what is better, what do you think?

Next question is about number of trooper tokens you can have? Larienna sad to me that number of trooper tokens is not limited, but in game setup (or building game) is written that you need 12-15 trooper tokens and some additional Sardaukar. So how many trooper tokens can one player really have.

All other rules and variants i think are really compatible, but i still think i will find another shaky rules. So if i will find something else i would ask.

And last think, i know that there are lots of game variants, but i would really like to hold just with this two variants Basic and Alliances. Whit this rules i am really comfortable and both of them seems really complex and if i can say finished for whole game. So please if you have any other question or thoughts about this two versions please try not to add any other variances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Pavera
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok one think about Forts in Polar sink. In Ilya sheet with components for Basic v1.2 rules is only 5 Fort tokens, so i think that originally is not possible to build Fort in Polar Sink. And If This is not possible than i think that Polar Sink should be non-playable area and so there should not be possible to attack each other.

So and now i found another rule document where is written too that Polar Sink is non-playable area and every trooper tokens can coexist here:

http://www.tearsofenvy.com/content/dunexpress/dune_express_f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.