Subject: Thoughts on Team Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazee Yak
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have played about 5 test games using the stats Jake provided us on Quirkworthy and the core rules released. I have had a lot of fun with the game, and my mind is begging me for more play to get all these ideas out there and on the pitch.

So far we have only played with the basic 8 according to team setup. However, tomorrow we are thinking of upping the ante to a full roster of 14 players. I know that you can have up to 14 players in a full roster, with a max of 2x the basic amount available of any given position.

Now, unless I have misunderstood the rules, this allows for a great variety of compositions on the field. I don't believe you are limited to the starting 8 limitations on the field, meaning that, if you chose for some reason, as a Marauders player you could field 6 Guards! It wouldn't be a great idea, but it would be pretty Slamtastic.

I was curious to make sure I was correct on this point, and to see what other players have been thinking about in terms of the starting lineup on the field and what you choose to field at the beginning of the game in a given situation.

With the basic 8, I have fielded 3 Guards and 3 Jacks to start the game. My first few rushes are really focusing on putting the hurt on the other team with my Guards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.