Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
“Gold, Gold, Gold – A Ton of Gold”-the Seattle headline heard round the world announcing the discovery of great stores of gold in the Klondike. This was the beginning of an exodus of would-be prospectors dreaming of a better life; a chance to escape the toil caused by the financial recessions and bank failures of the 1890s. Gold Rush Hysteria was pulsing through the veins of the country and tens of thousands were willing to risk it all for the chance to “have it all.”

Lost Valley is a game about the Klondike stampede that rushed North. It’s about the grueling journey: traversing Steep Mountain passes with heavy loads, through severe weather, and ever-dwindling resources.

During the course of the game, players must explore the ever expanding lost valley, in hopes of discovering a gold vein in a mountain, a virgin forest to provide timber or a fishing spot along the river to provide food. The map will be different each time you play, so you never know what lurks around the corner.

As you set out from the outfitters with everything you own strapped to your back, you must balance carefully the resources that you need. Of course you will need tools, dynamite and timber to extract mountain gold, but you’ll need to make sure you have room for food, rifles and fishing poles to help you survive in the wilderness.

Grab your horse, your pack, and your whiskey because “The Gold Fever is Raging” in the Yukon. Hordes will go, many will turn back or die, but some will achieve their wildest dreams.

Enter Now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Pandasaurus Games "Lost Valley" Contest! Ends Oct. 16th!
Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Valley Contest wrote:
Q1: Throughout the game of Lost Valley, you will need to travel back to the General Store to purchase wares to further your effort towards finding gold! Which of these is an item that you can purchase in the general store? (Refer to the rulebook for this question)

Okay, I've read the rulebook, and without wanting to give anything away, I'll simply say that I'm not able to answer the above question as written; I believe it needs revision. Could someone please review this?

(And, no, the issue isn't that the provided rulebook doesn't mention any "General Store"—I made what I think is a credible substitute. )

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see the same problem. I suppose though that you could read it to mean that any of several choices would be correct responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas King wrote:
I see the same problem. I suppose though that you could read it to mean that any of several choices would be correct responses.

Glad it's not just me. I hope it gets reviewed before too many more people participate.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If the question receives the revision that I think it should get, then it won't work to accept as correct any of several. Plus, depending on how the contest system has been coded, it may not be possible to accept multiple answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if a question or two is confusing, I still like these contests.

Still, care should be done while making the questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're definitely not the only one. Despite scouring the rule book I still only got 2 questions right (probably the kickstarter ones). I'm not certain if it's the questions, the rule book, or their relationship, but there is something strange here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the contest and good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1 is missing a NOT should read like this:

Quote:
Q1: Throughout the game of Lost Valley, you will need to travel back to the General Store to purchase wares to further your effort towards finding gold! Which of these is an item that you can NOT purchase in the general store? (Refer to the rulebook for this question)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Nijssen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5/5

Good luck all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larson
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
To find your true identity within the will of Tze Yo Tzuh...that is the highest of all freedoms.
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Pandasaurus!

Thanks, Chaddyboy!

Thanks, Lady Luck! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 out of 5, but I had to guess what a few of the questions were actually asking.

Good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 out of 5. The first question should definitely be which item CANNOT be bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5/5. CAN I PLEASE HAVE IT? PLEASE? I HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING YET!!!!

...sorry blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
pogo_ wrote:
Question 1 is missing a NOT should read like this:

Quote:
Q1: Throughout the game of Lost Valley, you will need to travel back to the General Store to purchase wares to further your effort towards finding gold! Which of these is an item that you can NOT purchase in the general store? (Refer to the rulebook for this question)

No fair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
You're definitely not the only one. Despite scouring the rule book I still only got 2 questions right (probably the kickstarter ones). I'm not certain if it's the questions, the rule book, or their relationship, but there is something strange here.

I'm backing this game and have no intention of backing out. That said, this contest gave me pause. There are problems that go beyond the missing "not" in question one.

This was the first time I read the rules in their entirety. Like you said, not sure if it's the contest or the rulebook, but some things aren't clear. Hope they fix/edit/tighten up whatever is wrong before publication!

Then again, a well written rulebook is the exception in this hobby. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question about which actions generate food also seemed impossible to answer, given what the rulebook says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:
Lost Valley Contest wrote:
Q1: Throughout the game of Lost Valley, you will need to travel back to the General Store to purchase wares to further your effort towards finding gold! Which of these is an item that you can purchase in the general store? (Refer to the rulebook for this question)

Okay, I've read the rulebook, and without wanting to give anything away, I'll simply say that I'm not able to answer the above question as written; I believe it needs revision. Could someone please review this?

(And, no, the issue isn't that the provided rulebook doesn't mention any "General Store"—I made what I think is a credible substitute. )

Thanks in advance!

I agree there is an issue with the question. I only got two correct so I'm sure my winning record of 0-41 will stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, just wanted to thank everyone for participating in th contest.

I also wanted to assuage any fears relating to the rulebook. We are in the process of cleaning it up a bit. No rule changes, but the existing rulebook has some odd translation choices and is a bit overly streamlined where it should be a bit more explanatory.

Also, question 1 should read cannot. Chad should be updating that this morning.

As a pointer for things that are throwing people off. The correct answer for #2 is an item that doesn't appear in the game at all. Th correct answer for th food question is also an action that isn't in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 4/5. Hoping to win, though, 71st time's got to be the charm!

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:

That would be the one I missed, then. I was completely confused as there were multiple "correct" answers to the way it was phrased before. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
Hey everyone, just wanted to thank everyone for participating in th contest.

I also wanted to assuage any fears relating to the rulebook. We are in the process of cleaning it up a bit. No rule changes, but the existing rulebook has some odd translation choices and is a bit overly streamlined where it should be a bit more explanatory.

As a pointer for things that are throwing people off. The correct answer for #2 is an item that doesn't appear in the game at all. Th correct answer for th food question is also an action that isn't in the game.

No wonder I went 2/5

It's all good! Good luck to all the participants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 / 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I found all the answers, but only got 3/5. Trickier than I thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.