Brian Kowalczuk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a fair price for a D&D Castle Ravenloft board game with a full set of hand painted miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends what you think your Art is worth. Selling it is like selling a house with a pool. It gives your house a higher value but it shrinks the people that are willing to consider it.

Regardless make sure you have good pictures of your paint work when you go to sell.

I consider used games like a used car. The value of the car goes down as soon as you drive it off the lot. The value of the game goes down the moment you open it up.

I would at least say the improvement should take it back to the new price. (if the rest of the game is in great condition.)

Also I'd suggest an Auction so the Artwork can drive the price up naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~~~Crazy Adam~~~ ~~~Mad Ayzarc~~~
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
With a good paint job, I would think $200 is a good price. Given an average retail price of the game itself, $200 would be about $3 for each figure painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd say starting at $200 and going up depending on quality level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kowalczuk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.