Tsuro of the Seas» Forums » General

Subject: Misprint on Board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malachy Gavin
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing Tsuro of the sea today and notcied that the game board numbers seem to be misaligned.
The numbers do not match the box for 3/4 on either the blue or yellow.
The numbers should be between the white marks as in 1,2,5,6 boxes.
Makes it weird for placing the monster tiles.

Anyone else got the same?
I found this picture http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1430594/tsuro-of-the-seas which shows what I'm talking about.

Is it a misprint or am I placing the monsters wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's just a way of having placement for all numbers 1-6 on a 7x7 board with a buffer row/column around the outside of the board. So rolls of 3 and 4 when placing daikaiju at the start of the game are effectively the same.

Is that even remotely clear? Heh.

Edit: I don't think that's clear - how about this: Rolls of 3 and 4 refer to the same row and column on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachy Gavin
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, right. That makes a whole lot more sense now. So glad that it's not a misprint and just me now realising 3/4 are the same box. Thanks J R for the quick reply.
I was playing with guys in work on our lunchbreak so we were playing a very quick game, 3 monsters and learning the dice roles was the main thing for us. Just got confusing when we had to place a monster on the 3 box and a monster already on the 4.

Thanks!

Smilies for you for your help thumbsup ::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.