Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am deciding whether or not to upgrade to the acrylic board. I am very interested in the multiplayer option but am unclear as to what I would need to get later if I do choose the acrylic board.
Here is what Mantic have said:

Quote:
This pitch will be based on the ½ pitches you have already seen – with a new central piece to allow you to join them together – with up to 6 sides – creating the ULTIMATE Dreadball arena. You can then play 3 teams each or up to 6 players.

Oh – and the central piece will ABSOLUTELY be compatible with the existing MDF and Acrylic pitches at the amazing Kickstarter price – all you will need is an upgrade piece.
(my bold)

So will this one central piece, along with the original acrylic board sections, allow me to play with six players, or is this intended for four players and I will need to buy additional pieces on top of the central piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means you would need to buy the central piece and as many board halves as necessary to get to the number of players you want to play with. That would essentially be buying up to two more acrylic boards (four field halves with strike zones, sin bins, and penalty boxes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I will miss that one then and just go for the mounted board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could get the Acrylic board for two-players and when the ultimate board is released, go with the mounted board for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jackowski
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I messaged Mantic about this after seeing this thread..

Quote:
We're not sure yet exactly what the multiplayer pitch will look like, so we're going to give people another opportunity to purchase the acrylic pitches at Kickstarter prices next year once it's finalised :-).
Thanks
Stewart

I then asked about the different colored strike zones and being able to swap them out next year:

Quote:
Yep, all the same offers will be available next year :-).
Thanks
Stewart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.