Subject: Need Rules for Captain Hook's Shipwreck, Please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I thrifted a complete Captain Hook's Shipwreck recently; complete, that is, except for the rules. After checking the BGG file section with no luck, I called Tomy and was told it was really distributed by International Playthings and not Tomy, and the phone rep said he would email their (parent?) division in Japan to see if he could get the rules, but they might be in Japanese. I told him that I was aware Tomy is a Japanese company, and was familiar with International Playthings distributing overseas products (mainly European) in the USA, but that this didn't look like one of those products (Captain Hook's Shipwreck is PURE Ameritrash!). I read Tomy Corp's USA address in Newport Beach, CA that was printed on the box. But he insisted in emaiing Japan... I'm not very hopeful.

So, if anyine has a pdf or else can scan the rules (for captain Hook or Ghostly Galleon) and post it in the files section, I would really appreciate it!

(I noticed on the box above the Tomy address info the word/logo "KUROHIGE" with a TM trademark insignia. I wonder if that was the game's developer?)

UPDATE: Apparently Kurohige means "Blackbeard" in Japanese and Takara Tomy currently sells other Kurohige pirate toys! So, maybe this game is originally Japanese(would you call it Japatrash or Nippontrash?)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etarip Gnik
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Have you gotten your PDF on this yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MR X
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, this is the web address for instructions

http://www.tomy.co.uk/images/CUK/ENG/DOCS/7156_INS.pdf
Regards
Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bsteers wrote:
Hi, this is the web address for instructions

http://www.tomy.co.uk/images/CUK/ENG/DOCS/7156_INS.pdf
Regards
Barry

Just seeing this a few years later, and, sadly, the link is no longer working. Thanks, anyway! I emailed Tomy UK about the broken link...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogosh Angela
msg tools
I found the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.