Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought AH and most of the expansions and I'm iteratively trying them all out. Got a few questions on Ancient Whispers Marker movement already and I'm only about to start my second game with it included...

1. If the initial Mythos card that starts the game has a moon symbol, do you move the marker away from Miskatonic Streets? There was no Arkham Encounters Phase for this Mythos card, so I'm guessing it does move according to RAW (i.e., to move it if it didn't move during previous AE phase), but it also sort of moved there during setup, so I'm not sure...

2. If the Exhibit Encounter card tells you to move the marker to the streets location where it already was, do you consider it to have moved when it comes to the Mythos step?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, it moves. It didn't move "to" the Misk streets: it starts there. Alternately, it can be seen that it didn't move on the previous turn, since there wasn't one.

2. Yes (specifically, to have the encounter move it "to" anywhere, an investigator had to have an encounter there--but the token won't move it an investigator had an encounter!). Actually, what I've done is mounted the token on a stand, and it spends most of the game upright. If an investigator has an Exhibit encounter, I put the token on its side, both as a reminder that no other investigators can have exhibit encounters this turn, and as a reminder that it will not move this turn. During the "monsters move" portion of the mythos phase, I turn it upright and leave it where it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Actually, what I've done is mounted the token on a stand

I am adopting this practice immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.