Popular Tags: [View All]
alex williams
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Premise:
The rules say that once a citizen is expelled from a principal building, it is laid on the illustration of the palace and then, at the end of the round, it goes into a player's personal supply.

Question:
If I need to hire a tradesman, can I use one from my personal supply without paying 2 influence?

If this is true then a players meeples who haven't been introduced to the game yet (those not in the personal supply) are in some "twilight zone" space, where they can only be taken out by paying 2 influence: true?

Reiteration:
Stack of meeples on personal supply (those that have been expelled) are free to hire as tradesmen and first to go when placing a citizen on a principal building?

Other meeples in "twilight zone" cost 2 influence to hire?

Thanks for all the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
akumabro wrote:
Premise:

Question:
If I need to hire a tradesman, can I use one from my personal supply without paying 2 influence?

yes if available

akumabro wrote:

If this is true then a players meeples who haven't been introduced to the game yet (those not in the personal supply) are in some "twilight zone" space, where they can only be taken out by paying 2 influence: true?

yes they're begging on the streets for work...

akumabro wrote:

Reiteration:
Stack of meeples on personal supply (those that have been expelled) are free to hire as tradesmen and first to go when placing a citizen on a principal building?

Other meeples in "twilight zone" cost 2 influence to hire?

yes
[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Displaced workers are free to hire ( noneed to pay influence). However you lose the protection they grant you, meaning that another one of your workers can be expelled from that building again.

Edit:

Ninja'd for the 2nd time!ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akumabro wrote:
first to go when placing a citizen on a principal building?

No, you're welcome to use a different meeple instead if you choose, even paying influence to hire a new one if you like. You could imagine wanting to do this if you'd like to keep the protection (until the end of the turn) provided by the "kicked out" meeple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
ghorsche wrote:
akumabro wrote:
first to go when placing a citizen on a principal building?

No, you're welcome to use a different meeple instead if you choose, even paying influence to hire a new one if you like. You could imagine wanting to do this if you'd like to keep the protection (until the end of the turn) provided by the "kicked out" meeple.

Agree with this one, there is no priority usage of tradesmen. You can hire new tradesmen from general supply, even if you have tradesmen free in your personal supply. And you even can stockpiling tradesmen from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.