Subject: Miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody ever considered using the Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures to do the tactical portion of this game? Obviously replacing the counters with miniatures but using the same rules would just be a cosmetic change.

But what about using some of the simpler/quicker combat rules from the A&A miniatures game? It might speed the game up, but I would miss all of the detailed damage boxes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been spending the last few weeks looking at all the naval miniatures systems available & this has occurred to be too. There are a few systems out there that could do the job. Or else, simplifying the SWWaS system (ironic, as I bought Great War at Sea: Dreadnoughts to make the GWaS system more realistic...) I actually think it would be as easy to simplify SWWaS as to learn a new system. I would not miss all the damage boxes - indeed it's the paperwork I wanted to cut down - but I think some of that could be reduced too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With "Bomb Alley" and the other titles in the series(we own all the titles,my buddy and me),we use our 1:2400 miniatures(using the Shipbase 3 computer assited program),when our Task Forces meet on the map,we go to the table top to do the tac battle;we made up rules how to do the transfer from map to tabletop and for aircraft,mines,subs and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Friend
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Historical Board Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work for you using the AAA scale miniatures, do you like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that got me started in GWAS and SWWAS was the desire to play the operational game to create scenarios for miniatures gaming. I have Fleet Action Imminent for WW1 and General Quarters 3.3 for WW2, and have the 1/6000 minis from Figurehead, which are just about the closest thing available to scale with the 1/10000 scale in the minis rules. The size of the Figurehead ships might even make them small enough to replace the ship counters for the tactical map game if you wanted to go that rout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.