Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I knew that this game was on offer ($19.95) and wanted to get a copy but the website seems to be down.

Any ideas why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason the sites down is probably because the game sucked.

It's a good thing for you it was down . This is perhaps the worst game ever.

The rules ARE without a doubt the worst ever written and the game is boring and without any redeeming social value. It is the Charles Manson of boardgames.

And the story that took up half of the rulebook stunk.

You saved $19.95. Go get yourself a bottle of cheap hooch and get drunk. You'll have more fun with the hangover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Edward. I enjoy the game. The rulebook was clunky, but the gameplay was fun.

And no interaction? Seriously? Did you play the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is interaction of a sort, but it's of the form, "Okay, now I'm going to die in one turn, so you need to spend all your resources on me... now you're going to die next turn, so I need to spend all my resources on you... now I'm going to die again in a turn, etc."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An idea for a new game: Vanished site .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am happy to have this game in our collection. There aren't that many cooperative games available, and while the rules were a bit much to get through the overall game was fun to play.

It's an interesting concept, too, the race to cooperatively save the galaxy. It beats trying to control the galaxy through confrontational gameplay, of which there are countless variations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
I also think this is a game that is a good deal of fun. I believe there is a general consensus that the rules aren't as clear as possible. My experience, however, was that the tutorial more than adequately taught the rules necessary to play this game. So far, each of my game play experiences has been highly satisfactory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, pure panic mode.

Most new players get to that state. After that, though, players start planning ahead and get to "I might die in two turns, but Rikae can finish a goal if he trades with you after you build a Fusion Reactor and I can have a Scientist as well for both of you to win before that...but just in case, let's have someone build a Harmonic Oscillator for a bad Event, ok?"

That's fun, it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.